Easy broccoli with Spicy Anchovies Sauce is going to be your side dish for your favorite family weeknights dinner! Crunchy broccoli florets are lightly cooked in a spicy sauce created with Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce, red onion and anchovies fillets.
Ingredients in Broccoli with Spicy Anchovies Sauce
- Fresh broccoli with stem remove and cut into small or bite-size florets
- Slightly cook the broccoli florets first in a large pan for about 3 – 4 minutes with the sauce
- Or you can boil or steam broccoli to a tender-crisp (do not overcook) – before adding the sauce
- You can also use frozen broccoli florets but thaw out completely to remove any excess water
SPICY ANCHOVIES SAUCE for a broccoli side dish
- Oil, garlic, Noubess Hot Sauce, onion and anchovies are all you need.
- Replace the red onion with shallots, white onion or scallions.
- No anchovies, no problem, replace with fish sauce or oyster sauce.
How to Make Broccoli with Spicy Anchovies Sauce
This broccoli side dish is as easy as boiling water.
- Cut the broccoli florets to bit size for faster cooking.
- In a pan large enough to hold the florets into one layer, make the sauce.
- Add the oil, garlic, Noubess Original Hot Sauce, and anchovies. Cook stirring on low heat until the anchovies fillets are almost dissolved.
- Add onion and broccoli florets. Toss to coat the florets with the sauce. Cover for 2 – 3 minutes, stir and remove from heat and serve.
You can swap out other veggies such as carrots, cauliflower, snap peas, or asparagus.
To make this easy broccoli, side dish Ahead of Time
Prepare as directed and place in a container. Let cool completely before placing the lid. Cover and refrigerate up to 48 hours.
To reheat, best to use a stovetop instead of a microwave. The microwave will overcook the florets making them mushy. Best to reheat on a stovetop in a pan until heated through.
More Broccoli Faves
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp Noubess Original Hot Sauce
- 1 medium red onion sliced thin
- 2 – 3 anchovies fillets
- sea salt optional
- Noubess Lemon Extra Virgin Infused Olive Oil optional
- On a chopping board, cut the florets from the broccoli, then cut or break them into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large kitchen utility bowl to wash. (add 1 – 2 teaspoon white vinegar in the water). Drain well.
- In a large pan, add oil, hot sauce, onion and anchovies. Mix well.
- Add broccoli and mix all ingredients together until the broccoli pieces are coated with the mixture.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender but still crunchy. Remove from the stove and serve.
- Drizzle Noubess Lemon Extra Virgin Infused Olive Oil before serving