Chicken pieces marinated in an amazing garlic marinade and roasted to perfection. An easy way to cook a winner chicken dinner.
Filled with love and flavor, mouthwatering, juicy chicken pieces marinated with tons of garlic and Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning. No breading needed and not even a creamy sauce. Just plain healthy goodness in this recipe.
Easy and delicious chicken recipes are always in high demand in many households. Many of the recipes recommend drenching the chicken in flour, buttermilk, or eggs. This particular recipe is all about the marinade.
FLAVOR is important in every recipe. With chicken, many recipes tend to recommend adding salt and pepper only. The new way to cook is by adding flavors. Either flavor from seasoning blend, or fresh herbs and spices.
Fresh herbs and spices such as garlic, parsley, rosemary, sage are just a few ingredients that add flavor. One ingredient, lemon juice, is sometimes not mentioned, but you may most likely find a wine for acidity purposes.
A good chicken marinade includes lemon, oil, garlic, black pepper, salt, parsley, thyme, or a seasoning blend. Marination time is crucial for the ultimate taste. So make sure you marinate your chicken for at least 30 minutes before cooking. And if you have time, overnight marination is the best.
Best to cut your chicken
After reading the title, you are probably wondering what I meant by that. So, let me share a great tip with you. Cutting your chicken in smaller pieces makes sense if you are feeding several months and don’t want food to waste. It is also good to do if you have several side dishes to go along with the chicken dish.
For example, a whole chicken leg and thigh cut into smaller pieces will give you about 4 pieces, enough for more than 2 people if you are on a tight budget.
Flavor penetrates smaller pieces of meat and chicken much faster than the larger pieces. And who doesn’t like finger foods or appetizers? This recipe can be served as an appetizer, snack, or finger foods – just like chicken wings.
Cooking with Garlic
If you love garlic, you must try this recipe. The garlic taste is not overpowering.
- Garlic is versatile and easy to use.
- For this recipe I used Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning for added flavor, and because I did not want to add additional salt.
- I also used minced fresh garlic but if you have store-bought minced garlic, such as the Kirkland Brand (Costco), you can use it as it makes life easier when you run out of fresh garlic.
- Depending on the amount of chicken you would probably need half to a whole head of garlic.
- Unfortunately, if you have store-bought minced garlic, you will have to eyeball the measurement because the size of fresh garlic clove differs.
Making Easy Roasted Garlic Chicken Recipe
Before cooking any type of poultry or meat, I always use lemon, lime, or vinegar as my cleaning agent. I also prefer removing the skin from the chicken. I am not a big fan of chicken skin. Here are the steps:
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the paprika, ginger, garlic, Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken legs and thighs into smaller pieces. Usually 2 – 3 pieces of chicken per one large piece of chicken
- In a large bowl mix the chicken pieces with the marinade. Let everything marinate for about 1 hour to 4 hours.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on a prepared baking dish and roast for 30 – 45 minutes until the chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and serve hot with your favorite side dishes.
Tips and Notes
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Use a cleaver knife to cut the chicken.
- Serve alone, or with Quick Pasta and Veggies Dinner, Aromatic Red Rice with Leeks and Herbs or Pan Roasted Chayote with Sweet Potatoes
Looking for more chicken breast recipes? try these!
- 3 chicken legs and 3 chicken thighs skinless and cut into 2 – 3 pieces
- Salt and pepper optional
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 large garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 inch Fresh ginger chopped
- Clean the chicken in your preferred way.
- With a cleaver knife, cut the legs into 2 pieces and the thighs into 2 – 3 pieces and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, ginger, Noubess Garlic, and Herb Seasoning and salt and pepper if using.
- Pour the marinade into the bowl containing the chicken pieces and mix well to combine. Let marinate for 1 – 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a single layer in a large prepared baking dish. Reserve the marinade. to make a Creole Sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes and baste the chicken pieces generously with the reserved marinade. Continue baking for another 15 to 25 minutes (a total of 35 to 45 minutes), until the chicken is cooked through, juices running clear (internal temperature of 165°F).
- Pour the juices from the pan into a serving bowl and make a Creole Sauce to serve with the chicken.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.