Pancakes are a breakfast staple for a reason. They’re easy to make, delicious, and can be customized to fit your taste. Whether you like them fluffy and thick or thin and crispy, there’s a pancake recipe out there for you.
Here are 14 pancake recipes you must try:
1. Classic Pancakes by iwashyoudry.com: This is the perfect recipe for a light and fluffy pancake. It’s made with all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk, egg, and melted butter.
2. Buttermilk Pancakes by sugarspunrun.com: Buttermilk pancakes are made with buttermilk instead of milk, which gives them a slightly tangy flavor. They are also slightly thicker than classic pancakes.
3. Whole Wheat Pancakes by sallysbakingaddiction.com: Whole wheat pancakes are healthier than classic pancakes. They are made with whole wheat flour, a good fiber source.
4. Banana Pancakes by feelgoodfoodie.net: Banana pancakes are a great way to use up overripe bananas. They are also a good source of potassium.
5. Blueberry Pancakes by pinchofyum.com: Blueberry pancakes are a classic breakfast treat. They are made with fresh blueberries and are a good source of antioxidants.
6. Chocolate Chip Pancakes by tornadoughalli.com: Chocolate chip pancakes are a fun and easy way to add some sweetness to your breakfast. They are made with chocolate chips and are a good source of energy.
7. Strawberry Pancakes by mykidslickthebowl.com: Strawberry pancakes are a refreshing and delicious breakfast option. They are made with fresh strawberries and are a good source of vitamin C.
8. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by bakerbynature.com: Lemon ricotta pancakes are light and fluffy pancakes with a hint of lemon flavor. They are made with ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
9. Pumpkin Pancakes by allrecipes.com: Pumpkin pancakes are a perfect fall treat. They are made with pumpkin puree and are a good source of vitamins A and C.
10. Gingerbread Pancakes by cookingclassy.com: Gingerbread pancakes are a festive and flavorful breakfast option. They are made with gingerbread spices and are a good source of antioxidants.
11. Oatmeal Pancakes by cookieandkate.com: Oatmeal pancakes are a healthy and filling breakfast option. They are made with oatmeal, eggs, and milk.
12. Protein Pancakes by eatthegains.com: Protein pancakes are a great way to start your day if you’re looking for a high-protein breakfast. They are made with protein powder, eggs, and milk.
13. Vegan Pancakes by tasty.co: Vegan pancakes are a delicious option for those who are following a vegan diet. They are made with plant-based milk, eggs, and butter.
14. Gluten-Free Pancakes by glutenfreebaking.com: Gluten-free pancakes are a great option for those who are following a gluten-free diet. They are made with gluten-free flour, eggs, and milk.
These are just a few of the many delicious pancake recipes out there. With so many different options to choose from, you’re sure to find a recipe that you love.
What is the secret of good pancakes?
The secret to making good pancakes is simple: use high-quality ingredients, follow the recipe carefully, and cook the pancakes to perfection. Here are some specific tips for making the best pancakes:
- Use high-quality ingredients. This means using fresh eggs, milk, and butter. It also means using good-quality flour. Whole wheat flour will add a bit of extra fiber to your pancakes, but all-purpose flour is fine if you prefer a lighter pancake.
- Measure your ingredients accurately. This is especially important when it comes to flour, as too much flour can make your pancakes tough and chewy.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can develop the gluten in the flour, which will make your pancakes tough. Mix the batter just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Rest the batter for 10-15 minutes before cooking. This will allow the gluten to relax and the baking powder and baking soda to activate, which will help your pancakes rise.
- Use the right pan. A nonstick pan is ideal for making pancakes, as it will help prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Cook the pancakes over medium heat. Too high heat will scorch the pancakes on the outside before they have a chance to cook through on the inside.
- Flip the pancakes when they are bubbly and have small brown spots on the top. Don’t overcrowd the pan, as this will make the pancakes cook unevenly.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with your favorite toppings. The classic pancake toppings are maple syrup, butter, fresh fruit, and whipped cream.
Here are some additional tips for making perfect pancakes:
- Use buttermilk instead of milk for a tangier flavor and fluffier pancakes.
- Add a pinch of baking powder to your buttermilk overnight to get the same results as using buttermilk from the store.
- Add a mashed banana to your batter for extra sweetness and moisture.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on your pancakes before flipping them for a sweet and crunchy topping.
- Top your pancakes with a dollop of ricotta cheese for a creamy and delicious treat.
By following these tips, you can make the perfect pancakes for your family and friends.
Here are some of the best fruits to enjoy with pancakes:
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a classic pancake topping for a reason. They are tart and sweet and add a pop of color to your breakfast.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are another popular pancake topping. They are juicy and refreshing, and they pair perfectly with maple syrup.
- Bananas: Bananas are a great way to add sweetness and potassium to your pancakes. They can be sliced and served on top of the pancakes or mashed and added to the batter.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are a tart and flavorful fruit that contrasts the sweetness of pancakes. They are also a good source of antioxidants.
- Mango: Mango is a tropical fruit that adds a touch of sweetness and exotic flavor to your pancakes. It can be diced and served on top of the pancakes or pureed and added to the batter.
- Pineapple: Pineapple is another tropical fruit that pairs well with pancakes. It is sweet and tart, adding a bit of acidity to the breakfast dish.
- Apples: Apples are a versatile fruit that can be enjoyed with pancakes in various ways. They can be sliced and served on top of the pancakes, or they can be cooked in a pan with cinnamon and sugar and then served on top of the pancakes.
- Peaches: Peaches are a sweet and juicy fruit that adds a touch of summer to your pancakes. They can be sliced and served on top of the pancakes or grilled and served on top of the pancakes.
These are just a few of the many delicious fruits that can be enjoyed with pancakes. Experiment with different fruits to find your favorites!
Looking for more ideas, don’t forget to check out Pinterest.com and our recipes:
- Banana Buckwheat Pancakes
- How to make Fluffy Spelt Flour Buttermilk Pancakes
- Fluffy Apple Pancakes with Maple Syrup Butter
- 9 best pumpkin spice pancake recipes
I hope you enjoy these pancake recipes!