Last updated on February 8th, 2022 at 10:40 pm
9 Signs You Need Help with Cooking
Feeling confident in the kitchen is natural. You know the difference between cups and pints, tablespoons and teaspoons. You know what a chef’s knife is and how a paring knife should be used. However, despite those indicators of ability, you may actually need some help in the kitchen. Here are nine signs.
- 1. You’re More Obsessed with Food TV Than with Cooking
- 2. Your Smoke Detectors Go Off Constantly
- 3. Using the Microwave To Cook
- 4. Struggling to Follow Recipes that will help with cooking
- 5. You Cannot Cook without a Recipe
- 6. You Would Rather Do the Dishes
- 7. Many Foods Are Unfamiliar
- 8. You Use Metal Utensils with Nonstick Pans
- 9. You Boil The Starch Out of Pasta
1. You’re More Obsessed with Food TV Than with Cooking
Does your passion for food-related programming outweigh your desire to be in the kitchen? If so, it’s a great sign that you need a little help, whether that’s a new cookbook to inspire you or a new cuisine to master.
2. Your Smoke Detectors Go Off Constantly
Sure, we all burn things from time to time. However, if you’re routinely setting off the smoke detectors in your home, you need some help.
3. Using the Microwave To Cook
Yes, the microwave oven has a place in the kitchen, but if you rely on it more than your stovetop and oven, you’re not really cooking. You’re just warming up prepackaged foods.
4. Struggling to Follow Recipes that will help with cooking
Cookbooks are a cook’s best friend, but if they seem to be written in a foreign language, you need kitchen help.
5. You Cannot Cook without a Recipe
Good cooks need inspiration, not hand-holding. If you’re only able to cook by following a recipe, you need a hand.
6. You Would Rather Do the Dishes
If you would rather handle the cleanup than the cooking, it’s a sure sign you need help in the kitchen.
7. Many Foods Are Unfamiliar
If you take a trip through the produce section at the grocery store and many items are unfamiliar, you need to educate yourself.
8. You Use Metal Utensils with Nonstick Pans
Nonstick pots and pans are great, but if you’re using metal utensils in them, they won’t last very long.
9. You Boil The Starch Out of Pasta
Perfectly cooked pasta is pretty simple to achieve, but if you’re boiling out the starch, it’s time to admit you’re lost.
Have you noticed any of these signs in your own life? If you have, then you need help with cooking.