Every muffins recipe should not have nuts. If you love banana, cherries, and coconut, you will be delighted to know that these muffins are the ideal snack and perfect for morning breakfast. This particular treat is a make and share without any worries.
This recipe for Crunchy Banana, Cherries, and Coconut Muffins is stress-free, very easy to prepare and you won’t even need your mixer. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl, spoon the batter onto a prepared baking sheet, bake and enjoy.
Ripe bananas are recommended when making baked goods because they are more flavorful and full of moisture. Bananas, a favorite fruit, contain a fair amount of fiber, several essential nutrients and antioxidants, have benefits for heart health, weight loss and helps with digestion.
Another healthy ingredient added to the recipe, coconut, adds tons of flavor to baked goods. It contains various nutritional benefits and helps prevent digestive disorders, including constipation and hemorrhoids.
Dried Cherries are flavorful, sweet and tart. They are ideal for baking, cooking and even snacking. Rich in antioxidants and nutrients, they have anti-inflammatory properties and promote healthy bones.
A Crunchy Banana, Cherries, and Coconut Muffins recipe you’ll love to make for your loved ones, family, and friends.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana about 2 medium or 1 1/2 large bananas
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut rum
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour or King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Flaked Coconut plus more to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or line with muffins wrappers 12 to 14 standard muffin cups.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar till smooth.
- Add the egg, the mashed banana, vanilla extract, coconut rum, and milk and mix well
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger powder, nutmeg, and flours, stirring till smooth; if the mixture has lumps, beat at a higher speed until they've nearly disappeared.
- Stir in the dried cherries, and flaked coconut.
- Cover bowl and let the batter rest for about 5 - 7 minutes at room temperature to allow the cherries to expand and soften.
- Spoon the thick batter into the prepared muffin cups, mounding them quite full but do not overfill; Sprinkle the tops of the muffins batter with shredded coconut.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 23 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center of one of the middle muffins in the pan comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, and tilt them in the pan to cool a bit; this will prevent their bottoms from becoming soggy.
- When safe to handle, carefully remove them and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.