Caramelized Bacon wrapped around creamy mini potatoes. Appetizing and finger-licking good!
The first time I made this appetizer, my nephew said to “Why can’t you make this every day?” This is coming from a boy like all grown boys, who enjoy finger foods. I think it liked it because of the bacon since he loves Griot.
You are probably asking yourself what is so special about this recipe. Well, let me share with you my secrets.
The ingredients for making the recipe for Bacon Wrapped Potatoes
Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes is one of the easiest appetizers or snacks you will want to make all the time. If you like bacon and feel guilty about buying it, don’t worry; get uncured bacon.
Mini potatoes are perfect for this recipe. You can easily find them at your local supermarket. Whether you buy colorful ones or plain white potatoes, the taste is the same. You don’t really see the color of the potatoes when they are cooked. So don’t worry about not finding the multi-colored mini potatoes bag.
The spices are simple. Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Hot Sauce, sugar, and sherry vinegar. This recipe only uses 3 ingredients and is a quick snack potato recipe to prepare.
You will also notice that the recipe does not contain any salt. There is absolutely no reason for you to add salt. Bacon contains lots of salt, and adding more will probably do more harm than good.
The potatoes are baked for about 45 minutes to ensure that they are fully cooked. Keep in mind that the cooking will vary due to size. The smaller the potatoes, the quicker they will cook.
You can certainly make this recipe with regular potatoes. Just remove the skin, cut the potatoes the size you want, and wrapped the spiced bacon around. And don’t forget the toothpick.
These delicious bite-sized appetizers are perfect for entertaining. Birthday parties, get-togethers, and even if you are hosting your own sporting event.
Here’s is how to make this delicious snack.
- 24 mini potatoes cleaned and dried
- 1/2 pack uncured bacon regular thickness, about 8 slices
- ¼ teaspoon Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sherry Vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Appetizer skewers or toothpicks
- Cut the bacon strips in 3 pieces (long enough to wrap a mini potato), and place in large bowl. In a small bowl, combine hot sauce, vinegar and sugar. Pour sugar mixture over bacon, mix well, and make sure that all pieces are thoroughly coated.
- Wrap each mini potato with a strip of bacon, stretching it until the ends overlap. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with either aluminium foil or parchment paper. Secure the bacon with a toothpick (if you don’t, the bacon might slip off or unwrap) and lay each wrapped potato on the prepared baking sheet ends side down. Roast in the preheated to 375 F oven for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork and the bacon is nicely crisped up.
- Serve the bacon-wrapped potatoes. You can serve with your preferred Noubess Sauces for a zesty and spicy taste.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.