Baked Carrots and Parsnips made in the oven with wonderful spices that help release the natural juices and flavors of the veggies.
- 3 carrots sliced
- 3 medium parsnips cut in cubes
- 1 stalk leek white and light green parts only, chopped thinly
- 1 cup red sweet peppers chopped or sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves only
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper crushed - optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl mix all cut veggies and set aside. In a small bowl mix oil, thyme, oregano, salt, basil, crushed red pepper and black pepper. Pour spice mixture over veggies and stir well. Pour veggies into a shallow baking dish and add water. Baked covered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Continue baking uncovered for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.