Baked Carrots and Parsnips made in the oven with wonderful spices that help release the natural juices and flavors of the veggies.
- 3 carrots sliced
- 3 medium parsnips cut in cubes
- 1 stalk leek white and light green parts only, chopped thinly
- 1 cup red sweet peppers chopped or sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves only
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper crushed - optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl mix all cut veggies and set aside. In a small bowl mix oil, thyme, oregano, salt, basil, crushed red pepper and black pepper. Pour spice mixture over veggies and stir well. Pour veggies into a shallow baking dish and add water. Baked covered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Continue baking uncovered for 30 minutes. Serve hot.