Last updated on February 22nd, 2022 at 10:30 am
“Cardiovascular endurance is the ability of your cardiovascular and respiratory systems to work properly while under the stress of a challenging exercise session. These systems include your blood, heart, blood vessels, and lungs.” (www.livestrong.com)
We wake up every day thinking we want to be able to do more than the previous day. We wish we could finish all the house chores and all the added projects we planned. When we think of endurance we think about having the energy to do all the things we want to do but the list varies so much that we feel like we are carrying the world on our shoulders. What if we could increase cardiovascular endurance through a series of daily routine exercises?
Daily routine exercising to increase endurance is very simple to adopt and should be a daily focus. When endurance is increased with exercise, we feel healthier and even sleep better which results in an increase in energy and productivity. All that is there to do is to make a decision to exercise while going through our daily routines and keeping a positive outlook and confidence that life will be enjoyable.
Improving endurance with daily routines offers a high quality of life which we cannot ignore. One of the most important and easiest routines to improve is walking. Walking is one of the most important daily activities for many of us and the most complete form of exercise. With only 7 walking activities you can start increasing your cardiovascular endurance.
These cardiovascular endurance activities are:
- At home: take extra steps whenever possible. Go up and down the stairs a couple of time and at a normal rate.
- Shopping: when shopping at the malls, shopping centers etc…, park farther away in a secured area of course.
- In the office: instead of taking the elevator, try the stairs instead. Get up from your desk every 30 minutes at least and walk a few steps.
- When possible, have contests with friends using activity trackers to see who can log the most steps. Exercise with competition helps with motivation.
- Use proper posture when carrying groceries from the car to the house.
- Walk a hiking trail with a friend while using light weight.
- Take your children to the park and play with them (running, squatting, etc…)
Improving cardiovascular endurance is the key to living an enjoyable life. Set daily and weekly goals that are achievable and work your way towards your ultimate goal and always remind yourself of why you want to improve your endurance. Always remember that Walking improves your health and helps with diet and nutrition.
***Always consult with your doctor before doing any type of exercise.
- Ways to Improve Cardiovascular Endurance http://www.livestrong.com/article/359100-ways-to-improve-cardiovascular-endurance/