Rice with Djon Djon and Shrimp or Black Mushroom Rice with Shrimp will help you gain more friends than you need. LOL! Friends are great to have and not so great to have. Having friends and family members who are always hungry and love rice, will result in you being confined in the kitchen for long hours.
Paying your dues with food is a good way to thank friends and family members. It is a full meal that can be served alone or with a meat entree or seafood entree. A side salad or vegetables will complete your dinner menu.
This main recipe is versatile because shrimp, soft shell crab, and lobster can also add a delicious and exotic taste. Try Black Mushroom Rice with Shrimp (Riz (Don-Djon) for your next Sunday meal. This dish will be a wonderful treat for the whole family.
Rice with Djon Djon and Shrimp or Black Mushroom Rice with Shrimp is a common dish in every Haitian household. Commonly served on Sunday or on holidays, it is a favorite of many.
Note: To be more adventurous, make Black Mushroom Rice with Shrimp (Riz (Don-Djon)with lobster meat or soft shell crabs.
- Rice with Djon Djon recipe
- 1 lb Shrimp deveined and cleaned with lemon juice and water
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 large Shallot chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Sweet Red Pepper chopped small
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over low heat, add oil, garlic and shallots and let cook for 1 - 2 minutes while stirring to avoid burning. Add sweet pepper and continue to stir. Add shrimp, salt and pepper and mix well. Cook the shrimp while stirring occasionally until they turn pink. Remove from heat.
- Follow original recipe for black mushroom rice. Once the rice is fully cook. Gently stir in shrimp mixture and let cook for another 2 minutes. Remove and serve hot
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.