When you cannot pass off a good food sale, indulge yourself. It hurts me when I have to pay $30+ for a boiled lobster dinner that is served with regular butter, pasta or grain side dish and look-alike frozen vegetables.
I seldom eat out now, and when I do, I never order lobster because I enjoy it better at home. Who has time to look pretty when you need to use your hands to crush a lobster? Not me!
There’s not much you can do with a lobster cracker and a small fork. I stay home, make Boiled Lobster with Scallion-Pepper Butter and pig out. LOL…
Recipe tips and notes
We all know what plain butter tastes like and why is it the most common ingredient to serve lobster. What happened to spice up the butter? Now when I talk about spicing up the butter, I don’t mean salt and pepper. I am talking about fresh herbs and fancy vinegar. It is not only the other ingredients I pay attention to but the butter as well.
With any dish, a real butter makes a big difference. Try eating a cheap butter on a piece of bread and a good brand of butter on another piece of bread. You will instantly notice the difference. Why do you think the French are better at making pastries because they know their butter.
I am not saying that one should buy the most expensive ingredients to cook but believe me when you start using certain ingredients you will notice the difference in taste and texture when cooking.
The only thing I don’t enjoy when boiling fresh lobster is lifting them to add to boiling water. I still remember my misadventure with live crabs when I was younger. I will never poke another live lobster of crab again. They can run!!! LOL
For this recipe, the lobsters are boiled in a mixture of water, fresh lime juice, salt, scallions, parsley, garlic, and either a small piece of hot pepper or Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Sauce. The dipping sauce is made with butter, scallions, oil, fresh ground pepper, salt, and champagne vinegar. To finish, just your hands and an empty stomach are needed.
- 4 lobsters about 1 1/2 pounds each
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1/3 cup lime juice fresh
- 0.5 lb butter
- 4 stalks scallions chopped
- parsley small bunch
- 2 stalks scallions finely chopped - for the sauce
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- teaspoon black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce or hot pepper without seeds and membrane - optional
- In a large pot of boiling water, add lobsters, salt, parsley, scallions and lime juice. Cook the lobsters, covered, until done, about 10 minutes after the water returns to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter, add scallions and hot pepper if using. Let cook for about 1 - 2 minutes while stirring. Add champagne vinegar and black pepper and let cook for an additional 1 - 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and serve sauce with lobsters as a dipping sauce.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.