If you want to cook the perfect boiled lobsters, then I’m about to blow your mind with this super easy recipe. All you need is lobsters and butter! Let’s get started.
When you cannot pass off a good food sale, indulge yourself. It hurts me when I have to pay $50+ for a boiled lobster dinner with regular butter, pasta, or grain side dish and look-alike frozen vegetables.
I seldom eat out now, and when I do, I never order lobster because I enjoy it better at home. Who has time to look pretty when you need to use your hands to crush a lobster? Not me!
There’s not much you can do with a lobster cracker and a small fork. I stay home, make Boiled Lobster with Scallion-Pepper Butter and pig out. LOL…
Recipe tips and notes for boiled lobsters
We all know what plain butter tastes like and why it is the most common ingredient in serving lobster. What happened to spice up the butter? I don’t mean salt and pepper when I talk about spicing up the butter. I am talking about fresh herbs and fancy vinegar. It is the other ingredients I pay attention to and the butter.
With any dish, real butter makes a big difference. Try eating cheap butter on a piece of bread and a good butter brand on another piece of bread. You will instantly notice the difference. Why do you think the French are better at making pastries because they know their butter?
I am not saying that one should buy the most expensive ingredients to cook but believe me when you start using specific ingredients, you will notice the difference in taste and texture.
The only thing I don’t enjoy when boiling fresh lobster is lifting them to add to boiling water. I still remember my misadventure with live crabs when I was younger. I will never poke another live lobster or crab again. They can run!!! LOL
Final thoughts on the boiled lobsters’ recipe
For this recipe, the lobsters are boiled in a mixture of water, fresh lime juice, salt, scallions, parsley, garlic, and either a small piece of hot pepper or Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Sauce. The dipping sauce is made with butter, scallions, oil, fresh ground pepper, salt, and champagne vinegar. To finish, just your hands and an empty stomach are needed.
Vegetable recipe ideas to enjoy with this boiled lobsters recipe
- BOILED YUCCA WITH PAN ROASTED RED ONIONS
- THE PERFECT QUICK AND EASY CHAYOTE SALAD
- EASY SAUTÉED BROCCOLI WITH SPICY ANCHOVIES SAUCE
- 4 lobsters about 1 1/2 pounds each
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup lime juice fresh
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 4 stalks scallions chopped
- parsley small bunch
- 2 stalks scallions finely chopped – for the sauce
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- teaspoon black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce or hot pepper without seeds and membrane – optional
- In a large pot of boiling water, add lobsters, salt, parsley, scallions and lime juice. Cook the lobsters, covered, until done, about 10 minutes after the water returns to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter, add scallions and hot pepper if using. Let cook for about 1 – 2 minutes while stirring. Add champagne vinegar and black pepper and let cook for an additional 1 – 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and serve sauce with lobsters as a dipping sauce.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.