Noubess products are perfect for quick vegan and non-vegan meals.
Boiled or steamed vegetables is one of the many ways to make sure that you always have a side dish with your meat, seafood or poultry meal.
Boiled Plantain with Pickled Red Onions is easy and great as a quick snack or a side dish. Adding a topping like Pickled Onions not only makes the dish looks deliciously pretty but also adds tons of flavor to the plantains. Not too acidic, a little bit sweet; some spiciness is probably what every boiled root vegetables or vegetables need.
This quick pickled red onions recipe is easy to make in just 30 minutes. Just enough time to enjoy it with boiled plantains or boiled yucca.
You can either use Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce or Noubess Mango Hot and Spicy Sauce.
If using sugar, either add fine sugar or raw sugar.
Use as topping for sandwiches, salads, vegetables, roasted or grilled meat, poultry or seafood.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the apple cider vinegar, Noubess Mango Hot and Spicy Sauce, salt and your desired amount of sweetener. Cook over medium-high heat until the mixture reaches a simmer.
- Place the thinly-sliced onions in a small bowl or pint-sized cleaned mason jar. Carefully pour the hot vinegar mixture over the onions. Gently stir until combined if you’re using a bowl. If you’re using a mason jar, place the lid on top, hold the jar with a kitchen towel and give it a quick shake.
- Let the onion slices marinate for at least 30 minutes before using it. Let the mixture cool off before refrigeration. Store up to 2 weeks.
- While you are waiting for the pickled onions to cool down a bit, prepare the plantains.
- First, remove the skin off the plantains and cut into 2 – 3 large pieces.
- Add water to a medium-size pot and place the plantains pieces. Season the water with salt if you want.
- Cook the plantains until soft. Remove and slice into smaller pieces.
- Place on plate and top with Pickled Onions.
- Drizzle a little of Noubess Lemon Infused Olive Oil for a smooth finish.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.