A flavorful and delicious Tomato and Mozzarella Salad, drizzled with Noubess Blood Orange Olive Oil and seasoned with basil, parsley, salt, and pepper is perfect for dinner or lunch.
A Tomato Salad adds colors to any dinner table. Whether you are cooking for your family or entertaining guests, a salad is usually the focus, the centerpiece on a dinner table. It is also a salad with vibrant colors that accentuated the other dishes.
It almost feels like I am calling Summer. Spring is here, and I am not complaining. But mother nature has not quite gotten my memo about beautiful sunny days yet. I cannot wait for beautiful days where I can eat dinner outdoors while enjoying the fresh air.
Some information about the benefits of tomatoes.
Salads, in general, help us consume some of the vitamins we may need. An intensely nutritious plant, Tomatoes are full of the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene. Lycopene has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. Tomatoes are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
Smaller size tomatoes are versitale
Grape tomatoes and Cherry tomatoes, multi-colored or not, are great options for salads. They are also great options for eggs dishes, chicken recipes, and pasta salads.
This recipe is a favorite of mine. There are several version of this type of salad mixed with mozzarella cheese. The combination of olive oil and spices are what makes this salad so special.
The combination is quite simple. Fresh tomatoes, onion, vinegar, herbs, spices, and olive oil. I used a mixture of salt, pepper, basil, parsley, Noubess Blood Orange Olive Oil with a splash of red wine vinegar. The taste is amazing. The taste of the infused olive oil, spices and herbs mixed with the juices of the tomatoes is just amazing.
Let’s not forget the mozzarella cheese that adds just a touch of creaminess to this wonderful combination. Use fresh mozzarella cheese for best result.
All the ingredients are tossed together and serve on a white plate or bowl to show off the vibrant colors of the tomatoes.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon basil finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Noubess Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced or diced mozzarella cheese
- Clean the tomatoes very well, and possibility with water and vinegar, before slicing.
- Dice tomatoes and place in a bowl and set aside. Slice onion and add to tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, mixed oil, vinegar, and herbs.
- Toss to combine oil mixture with tomatoes and cheese.
- Season with salt, and pepper to taste.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.