You have our condiments in your pantry, why not recreate one of your favorite recipes. Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
I enjoy a light meal and lettuce wraps are one of my favorite. This recipe is low in carbs, contain fruit (apple for crunchiness), and a spicy kick from my Hot and Spicy Mango Blend.
If you are always looking for a quick and easy meal, this is the one. Not only you can make it in less than 30 minutes, you also eating a healthy meal. Chicken breast cut up into cubes, cooked in olive oil, herbs de Provence, fresh garlic, Hot and Spicy Mango seasoning blend, and shallots.
The chicken is only complete with diced apples cooked in a hot and spicy condiment. Chunks of an apple replaced by water chestnuts, sweet and crunchy.
Many types of lettuce plants contain plenty of vitamins and other barely anything. Always choose a variety you like.
Also called Boston or Bibb lettuce, a leafy plant, Butter Lettuce is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It contains a good amount of vitamin K and vitamin C. You can choose whatever lettuce you want, but remember that it needs to be large, leafy and able to hold the chicken mixture.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a copycat recipe with a little bit of heat, crunchiness, and sweetness. Here my recipe version.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken breast cut in small cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup shallots diced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Hot and Spicy Mango Blend
- 1 large apple core removed and cut into chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Mini red and orange peppers sliced for topping
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic, shallots and diced chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice wine vinegar and hot and spicy mango about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in apple chunks and continue cooking until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, and decorate with mini peppers slices.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.