Chickpea Salad with Cucumber and Roasted Bell Peppers
Garbanzo Bean or Chickpea Salad, infused with flavors from Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning, roasted bell peppers, fresh parsley, celery, and red onion, make a perfect side dish.
Healthy salads recipes are always the best when following a healthy diet. Our Garbanzo Bean or Chickpea Salad combines a perfect side dish for steaks, roasted poultry, and even poached salmon.
What’s is this chickpea salad?
To make a salad that you can enjoy anytime, all the ingredients have to be readily available in your supermarket. A salad that is packed with vitamins must certainly be tasty as well. Adding fresh ingredients is ideal because you will want a salad that you can enjoy time and time after.
Chickpeas, cucumber, celery, parsley, roasted bell peppers, and red onion combine earthy colors. This salad is mixed with the zesty and garlicky flavors of Noubess Garlic and Herbs is insanely delicious and ready in just a few minutes.
- Chickpea also called garbanzo beans, can be found, fresh, canned, or dried. For this salad, I chose canned jars because of timing, and readiness. I think organic canned chickpea or garbanzo beans are tastier than the regular ones. The creamy texture is also different in taste, a more fresh and earthy taste.
- Cucumber, a veggie that adds a refreshing taste to many types of salad. You can use baby cucumbers as well if you wish.
- Celery a vegetable low in calories adds the crunchiness that sometimes we’re always looking for. Fresh, packed with nutritious properties, and delivers just the right amount of healthy goodness to this salad.
- Parsley, we only use fresh for this salad. Dried parsley would not deliver the same flavors. The freshness elevates the taste of the chickpeas.
- Roasted Bell peppers, a store-bought item, just because it is available. And who keep freshly roasted bell peppers handy? Using store-bought jarred peppers facilitate the making of quick recipes.
- Red Onion, full with antioxidant, delivers quite a punch to this wonderful and colorful salad. You can use shallots as a substitution.
The vinaigrette for the chickpea salad
Noubess Garlic and Herbs, an all-purpose spice blend, will spice up your favorite recipes. A versatile seasoning also perfects to season meats, vegetables, and dips.
- Infused Extra-Virgin Lemon Olive Oil, is “delicate in flavor and powerful in any dish.”
- White wine vinegar, adds the perfect acidic taste. You can use a lite fruity vinegar for variation as well.
- A few drops of Fresh Lemon Juice is always good. It will elevate the taste of the dried spices as well as the fresh spices.
How to make the salad
Combining flavors and colors is easy. When making your salad, the best thing to do is always to prepare the vinaigrette first. I mixed Noubess Garlic and Herb seasoning, white wine vinegar, and Infused Extra-Virgin Lemon Olive Oil and salt in a small jar. Once all the ingredients are in the jar, close the lid tightly and shake for a few seconds.
Your vinaigrette is ready to use after properly mixing all the ingredients inside the jars. If the oil still separates from the vinegar, give the mixture a good shake again. The final step is to mix the vinaigrette with a bowl.
I would recommend letting the vinaigrette marinate with the other ingredients for about 10 – 20 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. This way, all the flavors will have plenty of time to infuse. You can also prepare this healthy salad the day before.
Tip and Notes for Chickpea Salad with Cucumber and Roasted Bell Peppers
Healthy and delicious salads recipes ready in less than 30 minutes are ideal when you have a busy schedule. Fresh herbs are preferred to spice up a greek salad, grilled chicken salad, and even a quinoa salad. If unsure of the type of vinegar to use, you can also choose red wine vinegar. Its flavor is quite tolerable by many people, especially on green salads.
Adding red bell peppers to beans salad is ideal because of the health properties and it is also a great way to add more flavor. As far as roasted beets and Feta Cheese, they also make great add-ons to chickpeas salads. For a chopped salad, chickpeas always add the creamy texture it needs to make it more palatable.
Other Easy and Quick Salads to make
- Cherry Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- Cucumber, Chickpeas, Olive & Tomato Salad
- Spicy and Tangy Sauteed Asparagus Recipe
- Quick and Easy Cucumber and Apple Salad
- Tuna Salad with Romaine, Avocado, and Pomegranate
Here’s the recipe:
Chickpea, Cucumber, and Roasted Bell Peppers Salad
- 2 15- ounce cans Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans (low sodium preferrerinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1-10 ounce jar of Roasted Bell Peppers chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped, about 1 bunch
- 1/2 cup chopped celery plus leaves about 2 ribs
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, add the chickpeas, roasted bell pepper, parsley, celery, and red onion. In a small jar with lid, add the infused olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic. Shake vigorously. Season to taste with additional salt if preferred. Add the dressing to the chickpea and veggies mixture and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately or chill up to 2 days. Before serving, stir mix again.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.