Last updated on November 18th, 2022 at 07:39 pm
Making a delicious Chocolate Banana Bread: Tyler Florence is one of the very few male chefs I enjoy watching cook on the Food Network Channel. His recipes are simple, as well as his techniques. Because of his everyday ingredients, his recipes always look appealing and tasty. One of his recipes I sometimes make is Chocolate Banana Bread.
I have learned that the same concept applies when baking chocolate bread or chocolate cake, which is to “never overbake.” I have learned the hard after many bad experiences. A chocolate cake or chocolate bread must always be moist, and this is why you can “never overbake.”
How to make Chocolate Banana Bread
To bake a perfect, Chocolate Banana Bread or even a chocolate cake, you must always follow the recipe step-by-step. With baking, there is not a lot of room to improvise. The oven temperature must be correct, and the timing must be followed. Why must we always worry about oven temperatures? Well, because every brand, make, and model is different. Another obstacle you may not be aware of is an uneven cooking oven. Most of us have it, unfortunately. You might be lucky if your house contractor or engineer was diligent enough with your house. Oh boy! Baking can certainly be peculiar at a time.
What has helped me with timing and temperature is a cake tester, not a knife, a fork, or a toothpick. A cake tester is very trustworthy, I might say. Cake testers are not expensive and can be found in many stores selling kitchen items. There are several brands on the market, and as long as you buy a cake tester from a manufacturer you can trust, there is no need to worry. This kitchen tool is very effective. Buy one!
The Chocolate Banana Bread from Tyler Florence is good, but I had to add my flavoring, a mixture of nutmeg and ginger, and more vanilla extract to balance the flavors. This cake is delicious, but because I am used to strong flavoring, adding a little of this and a little of that makes my taste buds very happy.
I recommend making the Chocolate Banana Bread with organic bananas and a good chocolate brand. There is a huge difference when using a not-so-good chocolate brand versus a good one. I know chocolate is not cheap, but if you want to bake a cake or bread that is satisfying to the palette, trust me, buy a good brand of chocolate, maybe Askanya Chocolate! Don’t worry many good brands won’t make you break the bank. So hope you enjoy Tyler’s Chocolate Banana Bread, Gemma’s way.
Updated Recipe From Tyler Florence – Tyler’s Ultimate.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter softened, plus more for the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Butter a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan. Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and nutmeg, ground ginger, salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, cream, the butter until lightened, then beat in the chocolate, eggs, banana, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not over-beat.
- Pour the batter into the load pan and bake until a toothpick stuck into the center of the bread comes out almost clean. 50 to 60 minutes minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for at lead 15 minutes before un-molding.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.