Chocolate, Strawberry and Nuts Smoothie
Do you need a quick smoothie with a lot of kick or just a smoothie that will make you feel full or, better yet, will leave you smiling after emptying your glass? Try my Chocolate Strawberry Nutty Smoothie. It is full of antioxidants and energy boosters.
You may have noticed in the photo that I included peanut. This is the beauty of this smoothie. You do not necessarily have to use peanuts. You can add almonds, cashews, or pistachios, which will still taste delicious. A semi-sweet dark chocolate bar will do the trick as far as chocolate.
I have prepared my smoothie with Askanya, Godiva, Ghirardelli, and even Dove chocolates. They are all great. What’s my favorite? Sorry guys, you will have to try every one of them to find out which one you prefer. But I can tell you that Godiva and Ghirardelli are the best chocolates to add to my smoothie.
Adding frozen fruits to smoothies
I always have frozen fruits in my refrigerator; I am not talking about the kind you find in supermarkets. I buy a lot of fruits, clean, wash, and dry and store them in freezer bags. Very convenient and cost-effective!
Frozen fruits allow you to make frozen drinks, smoothies, shakes anytime you want. You can also have the fruits in separate freezer bags mixed with leafy vegetables to make healthy beverages in the morning.
How to make Chocolate, Strawberry, and Nuts Smoothie
My smoothie takes about 5 minutes to make; just enough time to do everything you want to do requires energy. You can also prepare it the night before and store it in the refrigerator if you are always pressed for time in the morning before going to work or the gym.
If you are planning to have it on the go, I suggest storing it in a BPA-free, stainless steel water bottle to keep it cold until you are ready to enjoy it. So go ahead and enjoy my favorite Chocolate Strawberry Nutty Smoothie today!
Other excellent smoothies recipes to make:
- MY FAVORITE SPINACH AND KALE SMOOTHIE
- PAPAYA SMOOTHIE WITH ORANGES, BLUEBERRIES, AND APPLE
- STRAWBERRY, CARROT, PAPAYA SMOOTHIE
Chocolate Strawberry Nutty Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup roasted cashews peanuts, or almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 oz. semi sweet dark chocolate bar break into small pieces
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk coconut, almond or regular milk
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar light
- Place frozen fruit into a blender and allow it to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes. This will allow the fruit to thaw slightly for easy blending.
- Add yogurt, nuts (cashews, peanuts or almonds), cocoa powder, chocolate pieces, nutmeg, and milk and agave nectar. Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- If you are using fresh fruit, I recommend adding a few ice cubes to thicken the smoothie.
- If you do not have agave nectar, I recommend using honey. Use 1 tablespoon of honey or if you have a sweet tooth, use 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of honey. If using the cream of honey, use 1 tablespoon.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.
Updated and revised 2/26/22.