Okay! Newsflash. Do you need a quick smoothie with a lot of kick or just a smoothie that will make you feel full or better yet will live you smiling after emptying your glass? Try my Chocolate Strawberry Nutty Smoothie. It is full of antioxidant and energy booster.
You may have noticed in the photo that I included peanut. This is the beauty with this smoothie. You do not necessarily have to use peanut. You can add almond, cashews or pistachios and it will still taste delicious. As far as chocolate, a semi sweet dark chocolate bar will do the trick. I have prepared my smoothie with Askanya, Godiva, Ghirardelli and even Dove chocolates. They are all great. What’s my favorite? Sorry guys you will have to try every one of them to find out which one you prefer. But I can tell you that Godiva and Ghirardelli are the best chocolates to add to my smoothie.
I always have frozen fruits in my refrigerator; I am not talking about the kind you find in supermarkets. I buy a lot of fruits, clean, wash, and dry and store them in freezer bags. Very convenient and cost effective!
My smoothie takes about 5 minutes to make; just enough time to do all the things you want to do that requires energy. You can also prepare it the night before and store it in the refrigerator if you are always pressed for time in the morning before going to work or the gym. If you are planning to have it on-the-go, I would suggest to store in a BPA free, stainless steel water bottle to keep it cold until you are ready to enjoy it. So go ahead and enjoy my favorite Chocolate Strawberry Nutty Smoothie today!
Chocolate Strawberry Nutty Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup roasted cashews peanuts, or almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 oz. semi sweet dark chocolate bar break into small pieces
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk coconut, almond or regular milk
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar light
- Place frozen fruit into a blender and allow it to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes. This will allow the fruit to thaw slightly for easy blending.
- Add yogurt, nuts (cashews, peanuts or almonds), cocoa powder, chocolate pieces, nutmeg, and milk and agave nectar. Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
If you do not have agave nectar I recommend using honey. Use 1 tablespoon of honey or if you have a sweet tooth, use 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of honey. If using cream of honey, use 1 tablespoon.