Last updated on March 14th, 2022 at 08:55 pm
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidaysWithHatfield #simplyHatfield #CollectiveBias
Serve a perfect and delicious Chunky Pineapple Glaze over perfectly roasted Hatfield® Uncured Ham, and serve it with your favorite traditional side dishes during the holiday season.
The holidays are filled with laughter, joy, and good food for many people. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been obsessed with Christmas Dinner. At the dinner table, my siblings and I would be overjoyed by the size of the ham decorated with pineapple slices and cherries. We would count the pineapple slices many times and hoped to get the biggest ham slice.
Healthy lifestyle trends have forced us to adjust our eating habits. Buying a large ham for the holidays for a family of four used to be a cooking challenge. Hatfield® offers a variety of ham-sized products tailored to specific needs and cooking options. The products include classic family favorites and are simple to cook, as mentioned on their website.
The Hatfield® Uncured Ham is perfect for a family of four. It is also great to have several ham dishes you want to prepare. The coolest thing about Hatfield® packaging for the uncured ham is the two loops that are meant to tear open the packaging with ease.
Celebrating Christmas with Hatfield®
My family and I usually have a simple dinner on Christmas because we eat a hearty breakfast and snacks throughout the day. Having a simple meal that does not require long hours in the kitchen is ideal.
There’s always ham at the dinner table on Christmas Day. I so love how versatile Hatfield® Uncured Ham is! It can be roasted, grilled, cooked whole, or sliced. Hatfield® Uncured Ham is not only a dinner item, but it also helps to personalize breakfast and lunch dishes.
Traditional dishes are a must to create a delicious Christmas dinner. A salad and pasta salad are a must in my home. A cheesy and creamy pasta dish is our carb dish, and a green salad balances out the entire dinner. The colorful salad completes the festive Christmas look at the table.
What to know about Hatfield®
Did you that the Hatfield® Brand has been around since the early 1900s? The company takes great pride in the fresh, quality pork they produce. The products can are in many stores.
Recipe and dishes options with Hatfield®
Getting back to my Chunky Pineapple Glaze Ham, my family and I have been on a leftover diet. We’ve made and enjoyed several ham sandwiches, eggs dishes, and one of our favorite quiche and ham recipes. I have to say that the Hatfield® Uncured Ham has been perfect for us because it allows us to enjoy the food we love and enjoy eating.
This holiday season, as you go about preparing holiday meals and looking for the perfect size ham, make sure you visit your local Stop & Shop store for Hatfield® products.
For a limited time only, receive a $2 rebate upon purchasing any Hatfield® Uncured Ham.
Now, Hatfield makes it easier to serve up a delicious holiday meal to your family, big or small, with the NEW smaller sized ham products available in ½ Pre-Sliced Pit Ham, ¼ Pre-Sliced Ham (With Natural Juices or With Water Added).
- 1 Hatfield® Uncured Ham, about 2 pounds
- 1 leek, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 6 – 8 whole cloves
- ¼ teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 10 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1) Take ham out of the refrigerator 2 hours before baking to allow it to come to room temperature.
- 2) Follow package directions to cook ham: Remove outer packaging. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Fill the baking dish with a ½ inch of water. Add the chopped leek, carrot, whole cloves, and whole black pepper. Place ham in water, cover with foil, and place in oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until ham reaches an internal temperature of 140ºF.
- 3) While the ham is in the oven, make the glaze. In a saucepan combine crushed pineapple, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until mixture has slightly thickened but still a bit watery. (You will need the pineapple juice to keep the ham moist while cooking and for serving)
- 4) Remove cooked ham from oven and let rest for 7 – 10 minutes. Take a sharp knife, and follow the line on the ham to slice the ham, halfway down, just enough for it to stand and to be able to stuff some of the chunky pineapple glaze between the slices.
- 5) Brush just a few spoonfuls of the glaze onto the ham, all over the outside. Reserve the remaining glaze for later.
- 6) Roast the ham under the broiler at 300 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the ham from the oven. Allow the ham to rest for at least 5 – 7 minutes. Carefully place ham on serving plate and drizzle the remaining pineapple on top of the ham.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.
- Notes: The crushed pineapple will be juicier than the tidbits. Use leftovers for sandwiches and egg dishes.
- Add leek, whole cloves, whole black pepper and carrot for a tastier ham recipe.