Is a Cruise the Best Way to Explore the Caribbean? There are plenty of ways to enjoy and explore the Caribbean, one popular option is a cruise. By embarking on a cruise you’re able to explore a few different islands in one vacation, but is this really the best way to explore the area? There are actually a number of pros and cons that can be said for cruising, so let’s take a closer look.
- It can be a cost effective way to explore the Caribbean.
- If you are just taking a day cruise you can easily fit this into your schedule any time, you don’t need to schedule days or even a week off.
- Cruising gives you a chance to meet all kinds of new people from a variety of places.
- Often the cruise line offers a variety of excursions and activities, which means they’ve done all the research and work so you don’t have to wonder what to do on each island.
- You can discover a number of islands in just one trip.
- For those islands you really enjoy, you can always go back to them at a later date and spend a longer amount of time there now that you know you like the destination.
- They can make for wonderful family, and group vacations.
- Spending just one day, or sometimes even half a day, doesn’t give much of a chance for exploring. It is barely enough to scratch the surface of island’s main highlights. There isn’t much opportunity for discovery the off-the-beaten track locations and sights.
- Cruising the islands usually happens during the day, so you are on the ship at nighttime. This means you never get to enjoy the island nightlife.
- If dining is a big part of what you enjoy, then one day on an island won’t give you a chance to explore many restaurants.
- The itinerary may not visit all the islands you’re interested in.
- There are limited places to board a cruise in the first place, which means you may have to travel in order to get to that starting destination.
- You may have to contend with rough seas, which can be quite hard to deal with and leave you feeling under the weather.
No Set Answer
When it comes down to it, there is no wrong or right answer to the question. Cruising is something that can be incredibly fun, educational, and even addictive, but that doesn’t mean it’s for everyone.