Crunchy Tuna Cabbage Sandwich is delicious, easy to make, and healthy enough to want seconds. Cabbage is an essential vegetable in Caribbean cuisine. It is used in stews, legumes, salads, and soups. Let’s start eating cabbage with our salad and sandwiches.
This is one of the best tuna salad sandwich recipe ever. I love the crunchiness of the raw cabbage mixed with the tuna salad. This seafood and veggie sandwich is easy to prepare, and it is a no-fuss sandwich for lunch.
The benefits of Canned Tuna Fish
A tuna fish sandwich is an excellent choice for lunch. A can of tuna fish is high in minerals and omega-3 fatty acids. Tuna is also a good source of vitamin B12.
How to make a tuna salad sandwich
The art of making any sandwich is selecting the right type of bread. Depending on the type of seafood and veggie sandwich, the bread can either be toasted or not toasted. You can choose homemade ciabatta bread, french baguette, or simply a flatbread. All of these choices are great.
You can also choose to enjoy your cabbage and tuna salad with cassava bread – that’s another good choice and a double dose of crunchiness.
Here are a few tips to making the best tuna sandwich
- Decide your choice of bread before starting the salad.
- Choose either mayonnaise or yogurt or combine both to mix the cabbage and the tuna- to bind the ingredients.
- Select your seasoning. I use my Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Hot and Spicy Sauce with Herbs for flavor. I also use it because I don’t have to worry about adding any other types of seasoning. The other ingredient I may add is lemon juice – just a splash.
The recipe for tuna salad
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 cups finely chopped green or red cabbage (from about 4 ounces or 1/4 small head of cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion, or shallots
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or yogurt (or a mixture of both mayonnaise and Greek yogurt) – add more if you prefer
- 1/2 tsp Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce
- Salt, optional
- Place the tuna in a medium bowl and shred with a fork. Add the Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce, mayonnaise, and/or yogurt – mix to combine well. Add the onion (or shallots) and cabbage and mix thoroughly to combine. Season to taste as needed.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Use additional mayonnaise and or yogurt if preferred.
- Adapted and updated from https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-crisp-tuna-cabbage-salad-healthy-lunch-recipes-from-the-kitchn-125558
- 1 5- ounce can tuna drained
- 2 cups finely chopped green or red cabbage from about 4 ounces or 1/4 small head of cabbage
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion red onion or shallots
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise or yogurt or a mixture of both mayonnaise and Greek yogurt - add more if you prefer
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce
- Salt optional
- Place the tuna in a medium bowl and shred with a fork. Add the Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce, mayonnaise, and/or yogurt - mix to combine well. Add the onion (or shallots) and cabbage and mix thoroughly to combine. Season to taste as needed.
- Make a snadwich with yout favorite bread and enjoy.
Use additional mayonnaise and or yogurt if preferred. Estimated nutritional is for a salad with mayonnaise without the bread
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.