Cucumber, chickpeas, olive and tomato salad is perfect as a side dish or for lunch. Most s
Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans are one of the most loved legumes to add to salad. Chickpeas are known to have a good source of nutrients. They have a nutty and buttery flavor and perfect in soups and stews.
An incomparable versatile recipe
You are not limited to combine the ingredients in the recipe. You can also add any other ingredients such as meat, poultry or other vegetables. The cucumbers add freshness and same as the tomatoes. The olives add a delightful tangy taste that elevates the taste of the other ingredients.
You may already have all the ingredients on hand. But let me share some great tips with you. This salad might be one of the easiest salad to season. I will not suggest
The salad on its own is pretty good. A mixture of dried herbs, lemon juice, vinegar flavor, and good olive oil are ideal to create a good salad dressing. You only need to have the proper ratio for the dressing.
For instance, spices such as Italian Seasoning, Herbs de Provence, Noubess Steak Salt-Free Seasoning and Noubess Poultry Salt-Free Seasoning are great additions. Each seasoning adds a different type of flavor. The only one with a little bit of peppery kick is Noubess Steak Salt-Free Seasoning
The recipe is easy to customize with whatever ingredients you have on hand. You can add celery, avocado, red onions or shallots, bell peppers or even another type of beans.
Add a good olive oil, salt and pepper, scallion, vinegar, and fresh lemon juice. However, if you don’t have white wine vinegar which is most commonly found in many households, champagne vinegar can be used as well. Similar to champagne vinegar, rice wine vinegar is not bad at all. It is mild in flavor and has a low acidity level.
For this recipe, I chose, Noubess Poultry Salt-Free Seasoning to create a more flavorful salad.
Here’s the recipe for you to try:
How to make a delicious Cucumber, chickpeas, olive and tomato salad
- 1 15 ounces can chickpeas or garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small cucumber or 1/2 English cucumber sliced lengthwise, seeds removed and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half, or 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 2 stalks scallion sliced or chopped
- 1 cup pitted black olives sliced in half
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Noubess Poultry Salt-Free Seasoning
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small bottle or jar with a lid. Shake until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Keep the salad refrigerated until ready to serve.