My favorite Vegetable Porridge recipe is hearty and full of fresh veggies. A nourishing and delicious soup for all seasons and ready under 45 minutes!
This homemade vegetable soup is called porridge because of its consistency. It had a smooth and silky texture from the butter and the olive oil.
All the vegetables have their nutritional benefits and values. For example, cabbage is packed with nutrients, helps keep your heart-healthy, and may lower blood pressure. Potato is an excellent source of vitamin C, fiber, potassium, and improves immunity and healthy blood circulation. Parsnip is rich in antioxidant, support your immune system, and aids in weight loss. Turnips are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, calcium, and protein. Carrots are also rich in fiber and vitamins and a good source of vitamins and antioxidants.
Why use fresh plant-based ingredients
This homemade porridge is versatile, and you can enjoy it throughout the year. The ingredients are naturally found in most supermarkets and not expensive to buy. You can either choose to buy organic or non-organic vegetables. As long as they are fresh and not frozen, you will benefit from the freshness of the veggies. The taste of the porridge will be exceptionally delicious.
Fresh plant-based vegetables provide the maximum benefits over their frozen counterparts.
Seasoning and Spices
When making vegetable soups or porridge, fresh herbs are essential. The brighter the herbs, the more delicious the vegetable porridge will be.
Fresh herbs such as parsley and thyme are the most common ingredients used in soups or porridge and primarily cooking. When added at the beginning of cooking, they add a subtle taste to a recipe. If you add them at the end of your prepared dish, they will add a tasteful punch of goodness.
You also need to add spices. Spices add flavor and aroma. They enhance the taste of food and can also change the color. Spices such as turmeric and paprika have a pungent color that can change the color of your food.
Although they are not part of this recipe, you can certainly add them for a boost of flavor and healthy goodness.
What’s in this Vegetable Porridge Recipe?
This flavorful vegetable porridge recipe is easy to make and full of flavor. It is a labor of love. You will be surprised by how simple the instructions are. A hint, you need a powerful blender.
Here is everything you need:
- Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce
- Smoked Paprika
- Olive oil
How to make Vegetable Porridge
This vegetable porridge recipe is very easy to prepare. Here’s how you do it:
- Prep the vegetables by cutting into small pieces, after cleaning them.
- Melt the butter in the pot, add the garlic, vegetables, parsley, and thyme, Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce, season with salt and pepper, and let cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally – you just want the veggies to sweat a little.
- Add water and simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the mixture cool before adding into a blender to puree.
- Puree the vegetables with the liquid until smooth.
- Return to pot, add oil. Add the puree. Mix well. Bring to a boil and let boil for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy with crusty bread or by itself.
Tips and Notes
- Use leeks instead of onion.
- Use fewer carrots if you don’t want the porridge to be too orangy.
- Add paprika, cumin, or turmeric for more flavor. Remember that the color of the porridge will change.
- If you want to change the consistency, add only hot water tome the porridge into a soup-like texture.
- There’s no need to be concern about the type of potato to use.
- Use a good blender to puree the veggies.
- Add a couple of drops of Noubess Sorento Lemon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or a couple of drops of lemon juice for extra flavor.
- Adding more Noubess Hot and Spicy Sauce is a good idea only if you can take the heat. More flavor!
If you’re a bread lover like me, you will enjoy this porridge with a good french baguette, but any crusty bread will do. But seriously, any way you want to enjoy it, go for it. Here are a few suggestions:
- Crusty bread, baguette or ciabatta bread
- Cassava bread
- Saltines or crackers
- White Rice or any other grain of your choice; make it a complete meal
The recipe is below after the sources.