I have always said that any types of pasta salad should have ingredients you enjoy eating. These ingredients might be vegetables, spices, and cheese. The latter is omitted from this recipe.
My Ditalini Pasta Salad does not have any cheese because not all pasta salad should have cheese. But all salads should have a good vinaigrette. A vinaigrette created with the right vinegar.
Fruity kinds of vinegar are becoming more and more popular these days. Creating a vinaigrette or dressing for a salad with a fruity vinegar is a nice way to explore different types of flavor.
Pasta noodles love absorbing flavors. And the best way is to create the right vinaigrette blend. For this recipe, I chose simplicity.
I made the vinaigrette with shallots, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and passion fruit vinegar. Just the right touch to create a yummy dish.
Ditalini pasta is not only for soup as the photo on the packaging may suggest. It is one of the best pasta noodles for pasta salads.
Enjoy this simple, beautiful and delicious pasta salad with roasted or grilled meat.
- 2 cups Ditalini pasta uncooked. cooked al-dente and rinsed in cold water
- 2 tablespoons cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons passion fruit vinegar/mango
- ½ cup shallots
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped finely
- Handful Cherry tomatoes red and yellow, sliced in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packaging. Place the cooked and cooled ditalini pasta on a large bowl.
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing and whisking well the olive oil, vinegar, parsley, and shallots, Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the vinaigrette to the pasta and mix well. Incorporate the cherry tomatoes, and adjust seasoning. Keep the pasta cold until serving time.