On a beautiful summer morning, an Easiest Soufflé Ever sounds like a pretty good idea for breakfast. Every Saturday mornings I try my best to have a wonderful and out of the ordinary meal. I rarely make any types of soufflé because I feel that if I am not happy, the soufflé will flap and if I am happy it will be perfect. I think this paranoia started after watching the movie called “Because I Said So” with Diane Keaton.
The movie is about a meddling mother (Diane Keaton) who tries to set her daughter up with the right man, so her kid won’t follow in her footsteps. Mandy Moore played the role of one of her daughters who apparently cannot get a suitable man to marry her. When she finally found Mr. Right supposedly, she decided to bake her best chocolate soufflé. Although she seemed happy with him, that was not real happiness.
The soufflé was a flap, and that’s when she realized that the person who made her happy, her soul mate, was the pure, kind and middle-class man played by Gabriel Macht. I just love that movie! Happiness comes in many forms and it is for us to decide the type of happiness we want, the type that will last forever. Getting a bit sentimental there for a moment! Better go back to the Easiest Soufflé Ever.
Remember last week, my little egg hunting adventure? I decide to give the Nestfresh eggs a second shot and decide to make the recipe found on Kraft.com. The soufflé only has 2 ingredients, eggs and Philadelphia Chive and Onion Cream Cheese Spread. Who would have thought that only 2 ingredients are needed to make this dish? I have to say, I am not a huge fan of salty soufflés, but this one is a keeper.
- 6 NestFresh Eggs separated or another brand or brown eggs
- 1 tub 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- BEAT egg whites in medium bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Beat cream cheese spread in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add egg yolks; beat until well blended. Gently stir in egg whites until well blended.
- POUR into 1-1/2-qt. baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 24 to 26 min. or until top is puffed and golden brown.
- Notes: Prepare as directed with PHILADELPHIA Light Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread. In addition to a simple recipe preparation, this souffle holds beautifully on the table until ready to serve