Looking for a delicious and easy appetizer or snack? Look no further than air fryer chicken wings! This recipe is simple to follow and produces crispy, juicy wings that are sure to please everyone at your next gathering.
Chicken wings are a popular appetizer or snack, but they can be greasy and unhealthy when fried. This recipe for air fryer chicken wings is a healthier alternative that is still crispy and delicious.
Air fryers are a popular kitchen appliance that can be used to cook various foods, including chicken wings. Air fryers work by circulating hot air around the food, which helps to cook it evenly and create a crispy skin. This makes air fryer chicken wings a healthier alternative to deep-fried wings.
To make air fryer chicken wings, you will need the following:
- Chicken wings tips removed: it is a good idea to buy chicken wings in bulk if you can. You will save more. Buying chicken wings in bulk is a good idea because
- Lime or lemon juice, fresh: you can also use bottled lemon juice if you don’t have fresh limes or lemons.
- Freshly ground black pepper: has a better aroma than already-ground black pepper
- Garlic powder: great tip follow, never leave the garlic powder jar unopened for long. The flavor will evaporate.
- Onion powder: always a good idea to have a jar in your spice cabinet for recipes that call for it.
- Turmeric Powder: for deep flavor and color.
- Smoked Paprika: also for color and a hint of smokiness.
- Kosher salt, you can also use sea salt.
- Chili powder: for added heat, you can also use NouBess hot and spicy sauce.
- Unsalted butter melted: Olive oil is a good option.
- For a deeper flavor dish, marinate the chicken wings overnight.
- Clean the chicken wings your preferred way, or rinse in lemon or vinegar mixed with water. Pat dry and place in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken wings, lemon juice, melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder or NouBess sauce, and turmeric. Toss to coat and let marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight for more flavor.
- When ready, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place chicken wings in the air fryer basket and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and skin is crispy.
- Serve your chicken wings with your favorite dipping sauce, no-high fructose corn syrup ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, or buffalo sauce.
Here are some tips for making the best air fryer chicken wings:
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. If you put too many wings in the basket, they won’t cook evenly.
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking to help ensure even cooking.
- Let the wings rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
With these tips, you’ll be sure to make air fryer chicken wings that are crispy, juicy, and delicious!
Here are some variations of the recipe:
- Buffalo wings: Toss the chicken wings in a mixture of hot sauce, butter, and Worcestershire sauce before air frying.
- Teriyaki wings: Toss the chicken wings in a mixture of teriyaki sauce, honey, and soy sauce before air frying.
- Honey garlic wings: Toss the chicken wings in a mixture of honey, garlic powder, and onion powder before air frying.
Remember that if you are choosing a store-bought sauce, read the label. Do not choose a product containing corn derivatives.
No matter how you choose to season them, air fryer chicken wings are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a snack or appetizer.