These easy oven-roasted potatoes make the perfect side dish for Roasted Pork Ribs. The Noubess No Salt Cajun Seasoning adds the perfect balance of earthy and smoky flavors. The best crispy and spicy cajun roasted potatoes to make when you want to dream about all the delicious dishes from Louisiana.
Cajun cooking is a style of cooking that originated from Louisiana as you might already know. Cajun cuisine is known for its spiciness and heartiness style of cooking.
Potatoes are one of the easiest root vegetables to roast. It does not matter the type of seasoning blend or fresh herb mixture you use, and the dish will always be delicious. All there is to do is look in your spice cupboard, pantry, or even your herb garden to start creating wonderful and delicious potato recipes for the whole family.
Roasting is one of my favorite ways to cook potatoes. Because not only can I add any flavor I want, but it goes well with meat, fish, and poultry. Let’s not forget about enjoying a nice plate full of french fries with a dash of salt and pepper. Yummy!
Why are potatoes easy to roast?
Potatoes are naturally delicious on their own. Oven-roasted potatoes are very easy to make. Peel off the skin if you want, slice, season, and roast in a preheated oven for several minutes. The perfect side dish any beginner cook can cook successfully.
What kind of potatoes to use for roasted potatoes
You can roast potatoes with the skin on or off, but that all depends on your preference. There are several varieties of potatoes. The most common are russet, red, Idaho, and Yukon gold potatoes. Sweet potatoes are also a variety that is delicious when roasted.
You can choose any potatoes to roast. You will have to decide whether to peel or not to peel the skin off. The shape also matters. Multicolored small potatoes sold at the supermarkets are one of my favorites to roast. Creamy and delicious to eat. On a side note, they seem to be less cheap at Costco.
How to roast perfectly roast potatoes in the oven
For this recipe, we will discuss the best ways to roast peeled potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash the potatoes before peeling.
- With a knife, remove the skin
- slice the potatoes (like french fries) equally about 1/8 inch size (make sure that each slice are about the same size)
- Place the potato wedges/slices in a bowl filled with water while cutting and slicing all the potatoes.
- Drain water from the potatoes. Rinse 1x or 2x until there’s no starch left from the bottom of the bowl.
- With paper towels, dry all potatoes slices.
- Place in a clean and dry bowl. Add olive oil, Noubess Cajun Seasoning, and salt (if using) and toss.
- Place on a baking dish and roast until tender and slightly crispy but not burnt.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.
Ingredients and tools needed to make the perfect oven-roasted potatoes.
Here is the list of ingredients you will need for the recipe.
- Olive Oil
- Noubess Cajun Seasoning, Salt-Free
- Salt, optional
Sometimes we might think that we have all the necessary kitchen gadgets or tools to cook. But in reality, we don’t! I cook a lot, and I still don’t have all the gadgets or tools I need or want. But I make sure that I check on what I have and might need from time to time. I also check all the gadgets and tools to make sure that they are still functioning well.
If you were not sure, here’s a list of what you will need to always make roasted potatoes.