One of the easiest recipes you can make this season is my Asparagus with Roasted Chestnuts. The instructions for the dish is easy to follow. A side dish or a main dish, this recipe is delicious and packed with healthy nutrients.
Fresh Chestnuts are usually available during the Fall and Winter seasons. These wonderful nuts are delicious when fresh. When cooked, peeling the skin off can be a challenge at times. Packaged Chestnuts are readily available in several supermarkets.
Store-bought chestnuts are available all year-round. You can enjoy them as snacks, cook and bake with them. They are delicious and easier to enjoy because you don’t have to peel the skin off.
Asparagus is packed with good-for-you vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, C, E, K, and B6, as well as folate, iron, copper, calcium, protein, and fiber.
To make this delicious recipe, you will need, olive oil, Herbes de Provence, shallots, salt and my favorite ingredient, Gemma’s Pineapple Gourmet Hot Sauce. When preparing this dish, make sure you cut or slice the asparagus small so they can cook very fast. Add very little water to help them cook evenly as well.
Always add the store-bought roasted chestnuts last because they are already cooked. Adding the nuts last will add the creaminess the dish needs.
This Easy Asparagus with Roasted Chestnuts Recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients and makes a perfectly delicious side dish for any meal! Make it today!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallots sliced
- ½ teaspoon Noubess Hot and Spicy Pineapple Hot Sauce or any other Noubess hot sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds asparagus spears trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 8 oz or 1 cup roasted chestnuts
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and Gourmet Pineapple Hot Sauce and cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Add asparagus in single layer; using tongs or spatula, toss to coat. Add herbes de Provence, toss to mix all the ingredients. Sauté, turning often, until crisp-tender and beginning to brown in spots, about 8 minutes. Add very little water if necessary. Cover and lower heat if they need to cook longer. Add roasted chestnuts and sprinkle salt, stir and serve.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.