Easy Crockpot Chili Recipe
This delicious, homemade, easy crockpot chili recipe is hearty and perfect for chilly weather. Taste just like your traditional homemade chili recipe with lots of flavors.
This easy chili recipe starts on the stovetop and has a tasty and smooth finish in the crockpot. It is perfect for serving alongside homemade biscuits and homemade bread. Serve it with your favorite toppings like cheese for more goodness.
How Do You Make a Good Homade Chili recipe?
The magic starts on the stovetop! I like to use a cast iron pan for this process, but you can also use a heavy bottom. The meat browns better in those types of pans. First,
- Add the oil and chopped onion in the heated saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon or silicone spoon or large spatula
- Add the seasonings and
- Cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and tomato sauce
- Everything goes into the crockpot for 3 hours
- Add diced tomatoes, season to taste if necessary
- Continue to cook for 1 additional hour
- Add kidney beans and cook for 30 minutes
- Stir well occasionally during 4-5 hours of cooking to make sure that there’s enough liquid.
- If necessary add beef or chicken broth
How to thicken the chili
If you ever made chili on a stove and have added too much liquid, there’s a quick fix to thicken the sauce. The easiest way is to dilute a little bit of flour in water and add it to the mixture. Alternatively, you sprinkle a little bit of flour on the chili and stir to mix. You can also use cornstarch if you have one.
The usual way to thicken chili or many other sauces is by simmering. If you choose that option, make sure your pan or pot is uncovered, and the heat is in a low setting. It will sometimes, but it would be worth it.
What to serve with homemade crockpot chili
Chili is so versatile that you can serve it with anything you want. A bowl of white rice is my preferred way. My second favorite way is a warm potato salad. It is also great with creamy polenta and bulgar wheat.
Chili is usually served in a bowl. If serving chili alone, toppings may be necessary. The usual grated cheese, sour cream, and even avocado are great choices.
WHAT makes Crockpot CHILI recipe exceptionally tasty?
Long, slow cooking is the secret of good chili. Depending on how hot you like your food, you can add more or less Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Sauce.
Chili powder is not necessary if you know how to create the right mixture of smokiness and heat. Smoked Paprika is full of smoky flavor. And when mixed with Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Sauce, it is the right combination.
I used canned red kidney beans to keep up with the traditions. You can also use black beans. Organic canned beans are perfect to use in a homemade crockpot chili recipe.
The beans will tone down the flavors of the seasoning because they are added last. Make sure you adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Easy Crockpot Chili Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions medium size or one large
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 tsp Noubess Steak seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp Noubess Hot and Spicy Original with Herbs blend
- 1 tbsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups passata (Italian strained tomatoes)
- 2 cups tomatoes fresh and diced
- 2 14-oz can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add onions and garlic and saute gently for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add Noubess Steak Seasoning, herbs de Provence, Noubess Hot and Spicy Original with Herbs Blend, and smoked sweet paprika. Mix all seasoning with the meat well. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the tomato paste and passata and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add the beef mixture to the slow cooker or crockpot. Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours. Add the fresh tomatoes after 3 1/2 hours, stir and continue to cook for another hour.
- Add the beans 30 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Serve with white rice, chopped parsley and avocado.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.