This easy cucumber salad recipe is refreshing and a great accompaniment to grilled meat, poultry, and seafood. Thinly sliced cucumbers and red onion are tossed and seasoned with a sweet and tangy vinaigrette made with Noubess Garlic Seasoning and Herb, water, coconut Vinegar, and sugar, the perfect side dish for a complete meal.
Many vegetables usually find their way on the dinner table at any time during the year. Cucumbers and Broccoli are the most favorite vegetables. Easy to prepare and loved by many people, a cucumber salad usually does not take longer than 30 minutes to make.
Choosing the right cucumber
Cucumbers are rich in nutrients and are naturally low in calories, carbohydrates, sodium, fat, and cholesterol.
There are two types of commonly used cucumbers. English cucumbers are also called hot-house cucumbers and seedless cucumbers. Garden cucumbers are the most common cucumbers in North America. They have smooth skin and are dark green.
Choosing the right cucumbers is essential for making the proper salad. Usually, people will select seedless cucumbers, as the English cucumbers. This type of cucumbers required less work as the seeds are softer and edible.
Garden cucumbers are great in salads as well, but the seeds are a bit tougher but still edible. Whatever cucumbers you are comfortable with, the preparation will be a bit different.
For this recipe, I chose hydroponic cucumbers. If you cannot find them, please feel free to use regular English cucumbers. In find hydroponic cucumbers to have more flavor than regular cucumbers.
I have been fascinated with hydroponic plants in general for quite a long time. This method of growing plants has gotten quite popular these past few years. People have opted to grow their own vegetables at home and have been very happy with the results. If you want to learn more about this process, check out the videos on YouTube.
How to make this easy cucumber salad recipe
- Slice the cucumber into ¼ inc slices and to a large bowl.
- Add in the sliced red onion and combine it with the cucumbers.
- In a small bowl, add the coconut vinegar, water, sugar, and Noubess Garlic and Herb seasoning. Wish the ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the cucumber and onion. Mix to combine.
- If you’re not ready to serve the salad, place it in the refrigerator.
Tips and Notes
- Slice the cucumber slices evenly with a sharp knife or use a mandolin.
- Substitute the coconut vinegar with apple cider vinegar, peach vinegar or raspberry vinegar. They add a pleasant aroma to the salad.
- Add in fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, or tarragon.
- Add in other ingredients such as thinly sliced celery, and bell peppers.
- You can make this salad ahead and keep it in the fridge until ready to serve.
- For leftover cucumber salad, place in a glass bowl with a lid or cover. Store in a refrigerator not more than three days for freshness.
- Best served with grilled or roasted chicken, roasted or fried turkey, pork chops, or roasted pork.