Looking for a delicious mango recipe with a kick? We’ve got you covered! Mango Foul is an excellent way to finish a meal with a fruit dessert.
Many fruits such as mangoes and pineapples make great salsas and salad dressing for roasted and grilled meat. Mangoes are nutrient-packed with antioxidants, vitamins and are super delicious. They also make a great tropical snack for both kids and adults.
This recipe is originated in Africa, particularly in Ivory Coast, as it is common to finish a meal with fruit, as mentioned by Dorinda Hofner in A Taste of Africa. It is simple to make and is similar to a smoothie.
The Best Mango recipe start with…
The best mango recipes have great mango flavor mixed with other ingredients easily found in your pantry or refrigerator. This particular recipe is creamy with a slightly chunky texture and packed with flavors from the orange liqueur. Yes, orange liqueur!
We’re making a grown-up version of Mango Foul, ladies and gentlemen!
How to make Mango Foul
To make this delicious and grown-up drink, you will need the following ingredients:
- Large, ripe mangoes peeled
- Cointreau, Triple Sec, or other orange liqueur: we use orange liqueur as we like the orangy taste mixed with the mango better.
- Heavy cream: you can substitute this ingredient with plain yogurt or vanilla yogurt
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Fresh fruit or glace fruit, for garnish
To whip up this delicious recipe you will need to …
Add the mango flesh to a blender with the liqueur and cream and blend for 30 to 45 seconds. (Better to use the pulse feature.)
Pour into either a large bowl or individual dessert glasses. Chill until the mixture sets. Before serving, decorate as desired with springs of fresh mint and fresh fruit.
Tips and Notes:
- Always use large mangoes. They have the most flesh/meat.
- Use ripe mangoes as unripe mangoes tend to be a bit on the sour side.
- Use either heavy cream or yogurt (plain or vanilla).
- Add a splash of vanilla extract or orange extract for more flavor.
- Add a dash of nutmeg or ginger powder for a more delicious flavor.
- Use either Cointreau or orange liqueur.
- Pour dessert in individual glass bowls for serving and better enjoyment.
- Must chill dessert for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
More recipe with Mangoes for you to try
- HEALTHY MANGO, CARROT, TOMATO, AND PASSION FRUIT JUICE
- MANGO AND CANTALOUPE SOUP RECIPE
- RACK OF LAMB WITH MANGO HONEY-GLAZE
- MANGO CHICKEN, MY WAY
This recipe is from “A Taste of Africa” by Dorinda Hafner.
- 4 very large ripe mangoes peeled
- ¼ cup Cointreau Triple Sec, or other orange liqueur
- 2 cups heavy cream amount optional
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Fresh fruit or glace fruit for garnish (optional)
- Extract all the mango flesh, including that from the skins and the seed. Put the mango meat in a blender with the Cointreau and cream and blend for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Pour into either a large bowl or individual dessert glasses. Chill it sets. Before serving, decorate as desired with springs of fresh min and fresh fruit.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.