Easy Meatloaf Recipe
I love a good meatloaf recipe with a little bit of zest and bold flavors. And easy and old-school recipes are always the best ones!
This recipe is not only old school but it is effortless as well. By effortless, I mean using good ingredients such as organic ground beef, homemade bread, organic eggs, Noubess Steak Seasoning, and Noubess Hot and Spicy Original. All the best ingredients for a good meatloaf recipe.
Back in the old days, I used to make this dish with regular store-bought bread, regular ground beef, and regular eggs. The reason for going organic is simple. It is healthier!
The basic of making meatloaf
Before diving into the dos and don’ts of the recipe let’s learn one important word. “Panade!”
Meatloaf recipes usually start with 2 pounds of ground meat, eggs, “
Any ground meat or poultry can be used to make meatloaf. If using chicken or turkey, you will need extra panade to keep the mixture moist. You can also use a mixture of red meats or plain ground beef.
For veggies, the simpler, the better. I will seldom add mushrooms but the usual bell peppers and onions are what I use. Nothing fancy there. Many cooks will add celery, which is fine but I prefer not to; just my preference.
Tips for making the best meatloaf
- I usually look for ground beef that is 80% to 85% lean and organic.
- Soft bread is best to use and will soften faster
- Regular milk to soften the bread is okay to use
- Extra large eggs are best for moisture and to keep the meatloaf together
- Cut the veggies as small as you can
- Use fresh seasoning if you can, dried is fine as well
- Mix it with your hand! Best for blending all ingredients together
- Don’t overcook it
- Let the meatloaf rest before slicing
- Cooking time for 2 pounds ground meat is 350° for 55-65 minutes or 375° for 45-55 minutes
Cooking your meatloaf
Cooking your meatloaf needs regular oven heat. Usually, 350 degrees F and 1 hour of cooking are necessary. You can always check for doneness by inserting a cooking thermometer in the center of the meatloaf. As soon as it hits 160 degrees F the meatloaf is done.
I usually pour the glaze or ketchup over the meat before placing it in the oven. It creates a thin crust and adds more flavor in my opinion. Just the way I like it.
Here’s the recipe
Serve it with a side salad, or mashed potatoes, for a perfect meal everyone will enjoy.
How to make an Easy Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 slices of soft bread homemade preferably
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup onion diced thinly
- 1/3 cup bell peppers diced thinly
- 1 tbsp Noubess Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp Noubess Original Hot and Spicy Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, soak bread in milk for about 5 minutes and break pieces with hands or a fork.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, bread mixture, and ground beef, onions, bell peppers, and seasonings. Mix until just combined.
- Form an 8″x4″ loaf and place it in the loaf pan. Spread mixture over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes or until cooked through and the meatloaf reaches 160°F
- Allow meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.