A bowl of noodle soup is perfect for any day during the week, easy to make, and delicious. The secret is in the ingredients and the seasoning. Anyone can create their own version of noodle soup.
When talking about Noodle Soup, many of us sometimes think about Chinese Noodle Soup or Chicken Noodle Soup. Both soups are similar and delicious. Many of the ingredients are similar and different – it is all about what you like to add to your soup.
This type of soup only needs a few ingredients, noodles, vegetables, protein (if you prefer), and a good broth.
This soup recipe contains my go-to chicken broth recipe to make any soup for lunch or dinner. I also use it on rainy days, when I don’t feel like eating a heavy meal. It’s easy to make and does not require much effort.
Of course, you can use a store-bought chicken broth or stock or a homemade chicken broth. Both options are great for most soup recipes.
How to make this Easy noodles soup with Noubess
You often have seen our products on the website and may be wondering how to use them in your kitchen. Well, today is your chance to take advantage of everything we have to offer on the website.
Here’s the list of ingredients you will need to make your own soup:
- Broth: store-bought or homemade. Make your own by mixing Noubess Poultry Seasoning with water and salt if preferred. You can also add more seasoning if you prefer, but not necessary. If you are a vegetarian, I would recommend making a homemade broth using Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning.
- Noodles: I use rice noodles because they are light and the brand I use had individual portions of rice noodles. You can find it on Amazon (click on the link).
- Vegetables: I prefer using bok choy or spinach. For this recipe, I used bok choy. You can use other vegetables such as broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, green beans, green peas, sweet peppers, potatoes, yam, yucca, plantains, or any leafy vegetables. Remember that not all vegetables cook at the same time. You may need more broth so everything cooks well.
- Onion, scallion, or shallots: the choice is up to you.
- Protein: leftover chicken is the best. You can also choose any other protein such as beef, veal, and even seafood. If you are a vegetarian you can add tofu or mushroom.
- Oil: an extra-virgin olive is a great option. You can use coconut oil, sunflower oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Lemon juice or rice wine vinegar: some people may want to add a little bit more flavor especially if you are adding, poultry, seafood, or strong-tasting vegetables. A couple of drops of fresh lemon juice or rice wine vinegar will help intensify the flavors of the ingredients.
How to make this easy soup recipe
Noodle Soups are easy to make, delicious, and quite. To make this soup, you must have the proper equipment or tools. You first need a good saucepan. Check out our recommendation at our Amazon store.
- In a saucepan over high heat, add oil and hot sauce, start cooking the sauce and add broth. Place the lid on, bring to a boil.
- Uncover, add the noodles, and then the bok choy. Bring to a boil and cover ajar. Let cook until the noodles are cooked, about 5 – 7 minutes. (also, follow the instructions from the rice noodles packaging to ensure the proper cooking time.)
- Serve hot with croutons if you prefer.
- Chicken stock/broth – use store-bought or make a quick broth by mixing water with Noubess Poultry Seasoning, No-salt. You may have to add salt if you prefer. Alternatively, make a homemade chicken broth or stock.
- Add leftover chicken pieces within the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Use beef broth or vegetable broth if you’re a vegetarian. Use seafood broth if adding leftover seafood or fresh seafood.
- If using rice noodles doesn’t conserve well. Do not freeze it will be very soggy.
- Add seasonal vegetables if you prefer.
- Use vegetables that do not take a long time to cook.
- Extra broth flavoring options: a few drops of fresh lemon juice or rice vinegar.
- If you add soy sauce, the taste will change and the soup will be salty.