Easy Oven Baked Chicken Breast, a recipe you must add to your collection. Chicken Breast seasoned and baked in a homemade broth prepared with Noubess Poultry Seasoning and Hot & Spicy Pineapple Sauce. This chicken dish is cooked to perfection and can be served at dinner time or lunch.
The chicken breasts are very moist and flavorful. Many recipes are either overcooked, dry or not tasty. I believe to have the perfect dish; you must apply the right seasoning and the right type of moisture. For this recipe, a homemade chicken broth sealed the deal.
There are tons of chicken recipes that use mayonnaise as the coating. I avoid cooking with mayonnaise as I find it to be a condiment for sandwiches or salads. There are many debates about cooking with mayo. Some people say it is safe and some say that it is not.
I have to admit that chicken breast is usually not the first choice of poultry to cook. We do eat a lot of poultry and different ways as well. The recipes will typically include grilling or stuffing and the occasional Italian version of Chicken Parmesan.
I have been trying out several recipes, and I believe this one is a keeper. It is easy to prepare and makes delicious sandwiches and chicken salads.
Choosing the right chicken breasts
It is usually best to cook the breasts with skin on to preserve some of the moisture. This recipe uses bone-in chicken breasts. I would suggest buying the same size breasts if possible. Organic or hormones free would be best.
The chicken is cleaned, patted dry and placed in a shallow baking dish. For the broth, I created a strong seasoning that would penetrate the chicken. The seasoning is comprised of olive oil, Noubess Poultry Seasoning, Noubess Hot and Spicy Pineapple Sauce, fresh lemon juice and cloves. All the essential to add flavor.
The breasts are submerged in the broth and cooked covered. Halfway through cooking, I flipped the breasts to make sure that the broth goes in evenly into the flesh. The pieces are flipped again before the last 5 minutes of cooking and cooked uncovered for color.
I use Paprika to help the chicken have that crispy golden brown look. Sprinkle some paprika some on each of the pieces before cooking and at least 5 minutes before removing from the oven to serve.
This recipe is easy enough to adjust. The chicken is not hot and spicy. The chicken breasts are flavorful because they are cooked evenly with the seasoned broth in the oven.
If you are trying to remove processed meat from your diet, this recipe is perfect for you. You can adjust the servings by increasing or decreasing the amount of seasoning and condiment you use.
Here’s how to prepare the recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts Bone-In - about 2 - 3 pounds
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 cups homemade quick chicken broth see recipe below
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Prepare the chicken broth. In a saucepan under medium heat, add water, oil, poultry seasoning, pineapple condiment, lemon juice, and cloves. Season with salt to taste if preferred. Boil for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the chicken breasts from their packaging. Rinse under running water and place in a bowl with vinegar with enough water to cover. Let rest in the vinegar bath for about 5 - 7 minutes. Remove and thoroughly pat dry and place in shallow baking dish.
- Pour the prepared broth on the chicken. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle paprika and salt is preferred. Bake in an oven at 415 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Tips: Cook the chicken for 25 minutes, then flipped and continue cooking for another 20 minutes. Flip back again so the skins are again showing. Sprinkle with additional paprika if preferred and continue to bake until fully cooked. Serve with a dish.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.