Last updated on October 18th, 2021 at 12:32 pm
Oven Roasted Potatoes with Leeks and with a hint of Lemon Zest. Crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside, an earthy and delicious combination of flavor from the leeks and lemon zest, a side dish that will complement any meal!
A potato side dish is always welcome at the dinner table. No matter how the potatoes are cooked or served, they are staple foods that will always be loved. It also completes dinner as many people will replace it with grains.
Adding other ingredients to oven roasted potatoes.
It is rare to find only one leek stalk at your local supermarket. But don’t worry, buying is more beneficial to you than you think. You can create more meals with your leeks bundle. For example, this red rice recipe with leek is out of this world and full of healthy goodness.
Leeks are a perfect accompaniment for potatoes. You can make potato leek soup and roast the potatoes with fresh leeks. This recipe contains not only leeks but also lemon zest.
If you have not added lemon zest to your oven-roasted potatoes, now is your chance. The flavorful are wonderfully blended together and make this dish one of the best potato recipes I have created.
So, take notes, leeks and lemon zest go wonderfully with oven-roasted potatoes.!
The recipe and notes for oven roasted potatoes
I also added lemon zest to the recipe just for fun and for a different type of flavor. The lemon added a little zing to the dish, which I was pleased with. This delightful side dish was an excellent accompaniment for my roasted whole chicken with herbs.
Oven Roasted Potatoes with Leeks and Lemon Zest is a keeper. Save this recipe for your next Sunday dinner.
- 2 cups Potatoes diced – about 2 large potatoes
- 2 cups Leeks cleaned, rinsed and finely chopped – about 2 large
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary Leaves dried or fresh
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 365 degree F. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes and add to a bowl. Thoroughly wash leeks and finely chopped using white and light green part of the leeks only. Add leeks to potato bowl. Add olive oil, rosemary leaves, salt, black pepper and lemon zest. Mix well and add to a baking dish. Bake 30 minutes and remove from oven, stir and continue baking for 20 minutes. Remove and serve hot with your favorite meat dish.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.
This recipe was originally published on August 18, 2013. It has been updated to included additional content.