This Easy Potato, Onion, and Tomato Bake is super easy to make and ridiculously satisfying. Make with parboil potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, onion, fresh garlic, cheddar cheese, and Noubess Beau Monde Seasoning.
This baked potato recipe is so perfect for Sunday dinner. It is not only satisfying, but it makes a great side dish accompaniment to whole roasted chicken and Turkey in Creole Sauce, one of my favorite combinations. This dish is part vegan and part dairy. The dairy part comes from the cheese.
Cheese adds flavor to any dish. And unfortunately, this dish needs it. It is almost like you cannot make Baked Macaroni and Cheese without adding cheese. I haven’t tried vegan cheese, so I cannot recommend using it. Maybe if you try, you can let us know.
How to make baked potatoes
A baked potatoes recipe is one of the easiest things you can make. Potatoes, in general, taste delicious without heavy seasoning. A little salt and pepper go a long way for any potato recipe.
For potato recipes, you also have the option of parboiling the potatoes before baking. Parboil is a method to boil food briefly and lightly. Usually, vegetables are either parboil or blanched. These two methods are not the same. Blanching required cooking after cooking your food lightly.
How to make Easy Potato, Onion and Tomato Bake
This recipe is very simple and easy to make. The first step is to get all your ingredients ready, as this should be done for all recipes.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Garlic
- Noubess Beau Monde Seasoning
Instructions to make the recipe
- Peel the potatoes. Parboil the potatoes whole in salted water for about 5 – 6 minutes, depending on size.
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water for a few minutes.
- Cool slightly and slice the potatoes thick about 1/3 inch and all the same size if possible.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and onion gently for about 5-7 minutes until soft but barely browned.
- Preheat oven to 375 Degree F.
- Grease a large oven-proof dish and layer up, first with half of the sliced potatoes, then half the onion, one layer of the sliced tomatoes, sprinkle Noubess Beau Monde Seasoning then add half of the grated cheese. Repeat layer and finishing with the grated cheese.
- Cook uncovered in the oven for about 1 hour until the cheese is well melted into the other ingredients and browned on top.
- Garnish with thyme, or parsley, optional.
Tips and Notes for the recipe
- You can replace half of the potatoes with sweet potatoes.
- Add fresh basil leaves
- Add baby spinach
- For the onion, substitute with red onion or shallots
- Cheese: use sharp cheddar for more flavor. You can either use yellow or sharp cheddar.
- Cheese varieties: Havarti cheese, Gouda Cheese, or Muenster Cheese. Soft cheese with bold flavor will do. But remember that each cheese tastes differently.
- Use a dish baking dish
- Use Noubess Beau Monde Seasoning. This seasoning is full of flavor and adds delicious flavors to plant-based recipes.
Other potato recipes
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes with Leeks
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- Potatoes Au Gratin with Smoked Herrings