This Easy Roasted Sweet and White Potatoes recipe is the perfect side dish to accompany everything from Moroccan Inspired Slow Cooked Turkey Breast to a perfect Slow Cooked Spicy Pork Shoulder in Rum or Quick and Tasty Pan-Seared Fish Fillets.
Roasted potatoes come together with just a few herbs and spices, essential ingredients from the pantry. The aromatic fresh herbs and spices roasting with the white potato and sweet potato medley will deliver a delicious taste that everyone will crave.
Can you create a winning potato recipe?
The answer will shock you. YES! Everyone can. Potatoes are comfort foods. Potatoes make exceptional side dishes. You can practically create endless recipe ideas from Warm Red Potatoes with a Butter Garlic Scallion Sauce to Sweet Potatoes with Vinaigrette.
Who doesn’t love a good baked potato? Whether you make it yourself or purchase it at a restaurant, a baked potato is one of the easiest ways to enjoy this excellent food. So why are potatoes a staple ingredient exactly? Potatoes are available year-round. Potato is the largest non-cereal food crop worldwide and ranked as the fourth most important food crop after rice, wheat, and maize, as mentioned on ScienceDirect.com.
How do you make the best roast potatoes?
The best roast potatoes are made with the right blend of herbs and spices. This recipe is more about fresh herbs. There are several aromatic herbs such as basil, rosemary, parsley, thyme, and sage. Adding the best flavoring will be to your liking. And fresh herbs are usually best when roasting.
How to keep your potatoes crispy.
There’s no magic at cooking your potatoes to a nice crisp. A hot oven is
When roasting potatoes, a good cooking tip is to avoid adding too much oil. Add enough oil to coat the potatoes. Adding too much oil will make the potatoes soft even if you roast them at 425 degrees.
Assembling this Easy Roasted Sweet and White Potatoes Recipe
- Wash the potatoes well before peeling them.
- After peeling, cut into quarters or about 1- 1 1/2 inch cubes
- Prepare your seasoning
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and your seasoning blend
- Place them on your prepared pan and roast
- Enjoy one of the easiest side dishes with your preferred meal.
More Potato Recipes you’ll love
- SPICY, ZESTY AND SWEET BACON WRAPPED POTATOES
- SWEET POTATOES AND RED KIDNEY BEANS FRICASEE
- ROASTED POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY
- BAKED POTATOES WITH LEEKS AND LEMON ZEST
- CRISPY PAN-FRIED POTATOES WITH CODFISH
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes and white potatoes peeled and cut in quarters or cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium shallots chopped
- 2 – 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 – 4 sprigs of fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut the potatoes in quarters and place in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss oil mixture with potatoes, shallots, thyme, and sage until well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan and the pieces are spread out into 1 layer. Roast the potatoes for about 45 minutes to 55 minutes or until the pieces are browned and crisp
- Cooking time will differ depending on your oven, and the size of the pieces. Flip the pieces at least 2x to ensure even browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Remove the herbs and serve hot.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.