Easy Sauteed Baby Bok Choy, crunchy, delicious and ready in just 15 minutes. An easy side dish you can serve anytime you’re in the mood for bok choy or a light meal.
Sometimes when researching vegetable recipes online, it can be disappointing and frustrating when many do not look appetizing to the naked eye. Cooking vegetables can be boring if you keep adding the usual salt and pepper. By using other types of flavoring to season your veggies, the taste can certainly change for the better.
Shopping for vegetables is frustrating when I cannot find what I need at my local market. I prefer eating a variety of vegetables every week. I prefer eating exciting and flavorful meals. And having more than the usual choice is great especially when I need to eat a balanced diet.
What is Bok Choy?
Bok Choy is one of the vegetables that are not easily found if you don’t shop in the right markets. It’s like tomatillo, right! How many times have you seen tomatillo at your local market? I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen tomatillo in the vegetables and fruits section at my local market.
Bok Choy is a type of Chinese cabbage. At your local market, you will probably find Baby Bok Choy or regular Bok Choy that are mature and larger in size. Because larger bok choy takes longer to cook, you have more dish choices. It is not worth it to separate the leaves of baby bok choy from the stems.
Boy Choy is a great vegetable for soup and even stews. It is also very easy to cook bok choy.
Cooking bok choy
Cooking bok choy is quick and easy. Several recipes contain soy sauce and sesame oil. Ginger and garlic are also present as they both contribute to the aroma of the dish. But you should not limit yourself with those spices and condiments only.
Yes! YOu can use other spices
I decided to use Noubess Steak Seasoning because of its bold flavors. The seasoning blend is flavorful and has a peppery kick to it. The blend is a mixture of Black Pepper, Red Pepper, Garlic, Onion, Vegetable Oil, Extractives of Paprika, and other spices.
The taste is phenomenal. No need to add ginger or wasabi and even soy sauce. This particular spice is great on vegetables, eggs dishes and of course meat.
Here’s a quick and easy recipe for you to try next time you are in the mood for Sauteed Baby Bok Choy.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 scallion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 ¼ tsp Noubess Steak seasoning
- 4 bunches of baby bok choy approximately 1½ pounds, cleaned, with the ends trimmed
- 2-3 tbsp chicken stock or water
- In a large sauté pan with a lid, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until it starts to shimmer. Add garlic, and scallion and cook, stirring constantly, for about 30-45 seconds. Do not burn garlic and scallion.
- Add bok choy, Noubess Steak Seasoning and stir mix all ingredients. Cook for approximately 2 minutes. Add stock or water, then cover the pan and cook for about 2 additional minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook until liquid is close to evaporated and stalks are soft to the touch, approximately 3 minutes more.
- Remove and serve warm.