This Scalloped Potatoes recipe is the perfect side dish to accompany everything from Oven Roasted Chicken to a perfect Steak Recipe. Seasoned with Noubess Garlic and Herbs Seasoning and Noubess Hot and Spicy Herbs sauce
- 3 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes peeled
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon Noubess Garlic and Herbs Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Noubess Hot and Spicy Herbs Sauce
- 3 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F and butter a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Using a mandolin, carefully slice the potatoes into rounds that are about 1/8 inch thick. Place slices into a large bowl filled with water to keep them from turning brown and to remove some of the starch.
- Sautee butter with chopped onion in a medium saucepan for about 5 minutes or until the onions are soft and have not turned brown. Add Noubess Garlic and Herb Seasoning and Noubess Hot and Spicy Original Herbs and stir to completely blend. Stir in heavy whipping cream and whole milk. Let the mixture simmer for about 2 – 3 then remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Layer half of the potatoes into the baking dish. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of cheese on top of the potatoes. Repeat with the other half of the potatoes and cheese.
- Pour the cream over the potatoes and push the potatoes down to submerge them into the cream. Don’t worry if the potatoes are not fully covered by the cream. Cover dish with foil and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour. Then remove foil and bake for another 30-45 minutes until top is golden and most of the liquid has been absorbed by the potatoes. Potatoes should be easy to pierce with a fork when done.
- Serve with salad and meat or poultry dish.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.