So I was looking for a good oven roasted chicken wings recipe and stumbled upon Emeril’s Oven-Roasted Chicken Wings. I have baked chicken wings so many ways that I wanted to taste a
Did I achieve it? I guess yes since I ate a good portion of the wings. I think I may just be greedy? But who gets tired of eating chicken wings as a snack or
The recipe was simple and very easy to follow. I cooked the wings a little bit longer because I am always afraid of eating uncooked meat. This way I am sure that I will not end up in the emergency room.
I changed the recipe a bit by replacing the cayenne pepper with my Hot and Spicy Mango Sauce and lemon juice for lime juice. I created my own unique Caribbean flavor.
It is best to use aluminum foil to line your baking pan or sheet. This process makes cleanup easy. The baking sheet lined with aluminum foil will work well only if coated with vegetable cooking spray.
I like trying out recipes as well as creating new ones. I would give Emeril’s Oven-Roasted Chicken Wings recipe an A+. Enjoy and thanks Emeril for the inspiration.
Enjoy the wings with additional as a dipping sauce or have your own.
Original Recipe from Chef Emeril Lagasse: http://www.emerils.com/recipe/7941/Emerils-Oven-Roasted-Chicken-Wings
- 4 lb chicken wings tips removed
- ¼ cup lime juice fresh
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 240°C / 475°F / Gas Mark 9. Line large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In large mixing bowl, combine wings and lime juice and mix thoroughly. Add pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. While crushing between your fingers, add thyme. Mix again and add chili powder and butter. Mix thoroughly, then transfer wings to baking sheet and arrange in one layer. Roast in oven for 15 minutes, rotate pan and cook 15 minutes longer until wings are nicely browned and cooked through. Serve alone or with your favorite dipping sauce.