Flourless Brownies are a delicious and popular dessert but can be time-consuming and difficult to make. This recipe for these flourless brownies is quick and easy and produces a rich, decadent chocolate treat.
Who doesn’t love a warm and gooey brownie fresh out of the oven? Brownies are the ultimate comfort food, perfect for any occasion – a cozy night in or a party with friends. But making the perfect brownie can be a challenge – it’s all about finding the right balance between fudgy and cakey and getting the right amount of chocolatey goodness in every bite. That’s where we come in.
This brownie recipe is simple, easy to make, and takes 30 minutes. Whether you’re a beginner baker or a novice in the kitchen, you can whip up a batch of delicious brownies that will have everyone asking for the recipe. We added a few spices to make them more delicious. So get ready to indulge in some chocolatey goodness – let’s get baking!
Ingredients Needed for the Perfect Flourless Brownies
To make the perfect brownies, you’ll need a few key ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter: I prefer using unsalted butter because of the salt added to the recipe.
- Granulated sugar:
- Large eggs: extra large or jumbo eggs will also work.
- Cocoa powder: use a good brand of cocoa powder. I use Hershey’s Cocoa for many of our baked goods.
- Chocolate Chips: make sure you buy chocolate chips for baking.
- Salt: just a dash or a pinch is needed.
- Ground Ginger, Ground Nutmeg, and Vanilla extract to flavor the brownies.
It’s important to use high-quality ingredients when making brownies. The butter should be unsalted and at room temperature, and the eggs should be fresh and at room temperature. The cocoa powder should be unsweetened and of good quality.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Brownies
Now that you have your ingredients and know how to measure them accurately, it’s time to start making the brownies. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish or pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate chips are melted and smooth. Remove from microwave. Whisk in the sugar, then the eggs one at a time until the batter is smooth. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and spices and stir until well incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean. Let cool completely in the pan.
Tips for Measuring Ingredients Accurately
Measuring ingredients accurately is crucial when baking, and it’s especially important when making brownies. Here are some tips to help you measure your ingredients accurately:
– Use a kitchen scale to measure your ingredients by weight. This is the most accurate way to measure ingredients, ensuring you use the correct amount.
– If you don’t have a kitchen scale, use measuring cups and spoons. Be sure to level off the ingredients with a straight edge (like a knife or spatula) to ensure you use the correct amount.
– When measuring flour, use the spoon-and-level method. This means spooning the flour into the measuring cup and then leveling it off with a straight edge. Don’t pack the flour into the measuring cup, as this can cause your brownies to be too dense.
Baking and Cooling Tips
To get the perfect brownies, it’s important to follow a few baking and cooling tips:
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can cause your brownies to be tough and dry.
- Bake the brownies until they are just set. Overbaking will make them dry.
- Use a toothpick to check for doneness. You want the toothpick to come out with a few moist crumbs attached but not completely clean.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving. This will help them set up and make them easier to slice.
How to Make Variations of Brownies
One of the great things about brownies is that they’re incredibly versatile. Here are some variations you can try:
– Add nuts if you are not allergic. Chopped walnuts or pecans are a classic addition to brownies and add a nice crunch.
– Add chocolate chips. Add a cup of chocolate chips to the batter for an extra chocolatey brownie.
– Add caramel. Swirl some caramel sauce into the batter before baking for a delicious twist.
– Add peanut butter. Stir some peanut butter into the batter before baking for a peanut butter and chocolate flavor.
Brownies are delicious but even better when served with a few extras. Here are some serving suggestions:
– Top with ice cream. A warm brownie topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a classic dessert.
– Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Drizzle chocolate sauce over the brownies for an extra chocolatey treat before serving.
– Serve with whipped cream. A dollop of whipped cream on top of a warm brownie is a simple but delicious dessert.
If you have any leftover brownies (which is unlikely!), store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to keep them longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. To thaw frozen brownies, let them sit at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Making the perfect brownie doesn’t have to be difficult. With the right ingredients, accurate measurements, and tips and tricks, you can make delicious brownies that everyone will love. Whether you stick to the classic recipe or try some variations, brownies are a dessert that never goes out of style. So go ahead and indulge in some chocolatey goodness – you won’t regret it!
These brownies are a delicious and easy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. They are quick to make and require a few ingredients, perfect for busy weeknights or last-minute gatherings. So next time you want a delicious and easy dessert, try making these 5-ingredient flourless brownies!
Get creative and experiment with different mix-ins to create your unique brownie recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Grease the parchment paper lightly and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or on the stovetop, melt the coconut oil and chocolate together. Once melted and smooth, remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Whisk in the sugar until combined. Then, add the eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and stir to mix well.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, tapioca powder, nutmeg, ginger and salt until just combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before slicing and serving.
To make the brownies even fudgier, add 1/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips to the batter.
For a fun twist, add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or dried fruit to the batter.
To make sure the brownies are cooked through, insert a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the brownies are done.
Let the brownies cool completely before cutting and serving. This will help them to hold their shape.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.