Want something quick and fun? Make Garlic Shrimp with Chili Paste. It is very easy and fusses free. I love eating hot and spicy dishes, and this one does it for me when I am in the mood for shrimp and don’t have time to stay in the kitchen for long.
Very few ingredients are needed. The only task that may be time-consuming is the cleaning and deveining shrimp. If you buy them already deveined and cleaned, there’s not much for you to do. This dish can be served as a side dish or as an appetizer. Don’t forget that Chili Paste might have a lot of heat for some people. You may add less or more to the dish depending on your preference.
Chili Paste is found in food stores. And by the way, if you love bread as I do, try my Garlic Shrimp with Chili Paste recipe with some warm or rustic bread.
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Seafood Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 1 Scallion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Black Peppercorn
- 1 tbsp Chili Paste
- Deveined each shrimp and clean limes wedges. Rinse with cold water, pat dry and place in large bowl. Add seafood seasoning and mix well. Set aside
- In a nonstick frying pan, heat oil and add shrimps. Sear on both sides. Make sure they get a little color. Remove and lace on a plate. Add garlic and scallion and let fry for about 1 – 2 minutes while stirring. Add shrimps back to pan with lemon juice and let cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Add crushed black peppercorn and chili paste. Keep stirring until all ingredients are well incorporated and shrimps are fully cook. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.