A quick Shallots and Pikliz Sauce is so convenient and perfect for any baked or roasted meat or seafood dish.
It is quick to make and very simple. I usually reserve a little bit of spice blend or seasoning to make the sauce. Because the seasoning or spice mix is the foundation of the sauce, it enhances the flavors of my meat recipes and even my seafood recipes. This sauce is almost similar to a dipping sauce. Don’t forget a nice crusty bread to soak up the juices from your plate.
How to make the Shallots and Pikliz Sauce
I first cook the marinade or spice blend in butter and oil, add shallots and add a couple of Pikliz tablespoons. The mixture is cooked until the shallots are perfectly cooked and still crunchy. Be careful; this is a hot and spicy sauce. You can also add Noubess hot and spicy sauces if you want.
This Sauce is also perfect for snacks such as:
- HOW TO MAKE HAITIAN ACCRA, AN UPDATED VERSION
- PRAWN ACCRAS
- HOW TO MAKE BAKED SWEET PLANTAINS
- EASY BULGUR WHEAT GROUND TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH MANGO SAUCE
- Leftover Seasoning/spice blend from meat or seafood
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 large Shallot julienned
- 2 tablespoons Pikliz
- In a small pan, add butter and oil. Wait until butter is melted add leftover seasoning/spice blend and let cook over low heat 2 – 3 minutes. Add shallot, pikliz and let cook for another 3 – 4 minutes. Serve over meat or seafood.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.