The simplest foods are sometimes the best ones for kids. Grilled cheese and apple mini croissants are not only lifesavers but they are also very delicious for the whole family to enjoy and addictive for parents to make. These small sandwiches are addictive for parents to prepare because, they do not take long to prepare. Slice the mini croissants in half; add one slice provolone cheese and 2 – 3 thin sliced of green apple. Close the sandwich and bake in oven for 5 – 7 minutes. In less than 10 -15 minutes breakfast or lunch is ready.
It is apparent that I started the post by showing how easy it is to make a delicious breakfast or lunch less than 15 minutes. You may also have noticed that I used mini croissants instead of regular size croissants. The reason is because children enjoy mini sandwiches better than large size sandwiches. Also the portions are well controlled and you can serve one sandwich and add a fruit serving or protein serving. Depending on your child’s appetite, you can decide if he or she will want to have 1 or 2 croissants, but I would suggest only one if adding fruits or veggies.
Every recipe has it pros and cons. The cons of this wonderful recipe are the mini croissants. Croissant in general is high in total fat and total carbohydrate. In my opinion the only way to enjoy this wonderful recipe is to properly manage your kids’ diet, more fruits and vegetables than carbs. Sometime an indulgence is worth doing but in moderation.
Enjoy this delicious and easy recipe that will put a smile on your little ones face!
Grilled Cheese and Apple Mini Croissants
- Mini Croissants
- Provolone Cheese slices
- Green Apple s thinly sliced
- Cooking Spray
- The number of sandwiches will depends on the number of servings.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash apple(s) and dry with a towel. Cut one apple in half. Slice thinly one half first and depending on how many sandwiches you want to make also slice the other half. Use more apples if needed.
- Slice open the mini croissants and build your sandwich by adding the cheese slices first followed by the apple slices.
- Use a hand-held griddle pan preferably. Spray pan and place sandwiches onto pan and bake for 5 - 7 minutes or until cheese is starting to melt.
- Avoid over baking as the croissants will be too crispy. Remove pan from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Use a hand-held griddle pan preferably but not necessary.
Sandwiches can be made on a stovetop as well. Use low to medium heat and make sure that the bottom of the croissants do not burn.
Serve with a side of fruits or protein.