Studies have shown that Coconut Oil has many health benefits that can potentially increase our well-being. There are many tips and information available online. I’ve decided to gather a few tips from trusted site such as – http://www.doctoroz.com.
- Can help our bodies mount resistance to both viruses and bacteria that can cause illness
- Can also positively affect our hormones for thyroid and blood sugar control.
- Has the ability boost thyroid function helping to increase metabolism, energy, and endurance.
- It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
- Coconut oil has a saturated fat called lauric acid, a type of MCT. It has been shown that lauric acid increases the good HDL cholesterol in the blood to help improve cholesterol ratio levels. Coconut oil lowers cholesterol by promoting its conversion to pregnenolone, a molecule that is a precursor to many of the hormones our bodies need.
- The oils found in the coconut have a positive antioxidant action in the body. This means they help our body stop the damage to other healthy fats and tissues in our body.
- Coconut oil can help our bodies reduce the need for antioxidant intake.
- It is an excellent moisturizer for skin and hair.
- One 2009 study found that women who consumed 30 milliliters (about two tablespoons) of coconut oil daily for 12 weeks not only did not gain more weight but had lowered amounts of abdominal fat, a type of fat that is difficult to lose and contributes to more heart problems
- Best to use organic coconut oil to reduce the absorption of toxins and pesticides through your skin.
Referenced from: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/surprising-health-benefits-coconut-oil?
Photo credit: depositphotos.