Breakfast is the most valuable meal to start your day. Notably, while there are different breakfast dishes, egg dishes are at the top of the list. Many people prefer eating eggs and suitable accompaniments for breakfast. Although eggs can be eaten at any time of the day, they are most commonly enjoyed for breakfast.
But sometimes it can get boring preparing and eating eggs the same way every day. In this post, you will find some creative ideas to prepare and serve egg dishes. Let’s take a look at the benefits of egg dishes first.
Benefits of Egg Dishes
- Affordable. Since eggs are inexpensive, people on a tight budget can use eggs to prepare high-quality and affordable meals.
- Versatile. There are many dishes you can prepare using eggs as one of the ingredients. Eggs can be used in various baking and cooking recipes.
- Healthy. Eggs are a great source of proteins and healthy fats.
- Tasty and popular. Egg dishes have a great taste and provide texture to our food. Importantly, it’s easy to find eggs at your nearest grocery store.
- Easy to make egg dishes. Egg dishes are easy to make and take a short time. Even when you have limited time to spend in the kitchen, you always prepare a quick egg dish.
Ways to Cook Eggs
Eggs can be fried, broiled, grilled, hard-boiled, or stuffed. It all depends on your preference.
Here are a few ideas for creating a fantastic breakfast dish using eggs.
- Scrambled eggs: A simple breakfast, scrambled eggs don’t require anything except mixing eggs with milk or cream and salt and scrambling them with a fork.
- Fried eggs: Fried eggs are prepared similarly to scrambled eggs but seasoned with salt and pepper for fried taste.
- Devilled eggs: Deviled eggs are hard-boiled eggs that have the yolk removed and mashed along with spices, salt, and pepper, and then they are returned to their shells.
Egg Recipes and Suitable Accompaniments
Usually, breakfast meals should be balanced with important ingredients, including whole grains, vegetables, and protein.
When preparing or intending to take egg dishes for breakfast, always balance them with carbohydrates and other healthy ingredients. Root vegetables, such as yucca, yams, potatoes, and plantains, are popular sources of carbohydrates. They are always a suitable accompaniment for egg dishes.
Importantly, since eggs are versatile, they can be used to make various recipes, such as scrambled eggs, omelets, quiches, frittatas, egg custards, and much more.
Here is a list of some eggs breakfast ideas you can create.
To stay full for longer and be energized for the day’s activities, eat your egg dishes with boiled yam, potatoes, plantains, and yucca. You can also eat your egg dishes with bread. But remember that bread is high in carbs and the body breaks down carbs into glucose, leading to an increase in blood sugar levels
It might be best to eat whole bread which is high in fiber and better for you. But again natural carbs are healthier such as potatoes and grains are better healtheir and make great egg dishes accompinment.
Lastly, since eggs are versatile, the ways you can cook them are endless. You can try any of the above methods and recipes. It all depends on your preferences and the ingredients you have. You can add vegetables such as watercress, tomatoes, and lettuce to egg dish recipes for different tastes.