Herbed Roasted Salmon: Changing a course for a meal is somewhat a habit of mine. I enjoy eating a good variety of healthy dishes. What to do with a 5-pound, Salmon? Herbed Roasted Salmon is the answer.
When cooking or roasting fish, an aromatic mixture of fresh herbs can do wonders. So here is a nice simple recipe that can be prepared quickly as long as the salmon is already cleaned and deboned.
A mixture of fresh herbs, such as dill, parsley, thyme, and sage, add tons of natural flavors to this fresh fish. A mixture of garlic, salt, pepper, onion, lemon, ground roasted fennel, and crushed pepper will complete this wonderful dish. The crushed pepper will give the dish a hint of spiciness.
No need to shy away from the size of the fish as it is simple and nourishing. Enjoy Herbed Roasted Salmon with any side dish you prefer. It is perfect for a festive event as well as for a special family dinner.
- 5 lb Fresh Salmon head cut off if preferred, scaled and gutted
- 1 cup Fresh Dill roughly chopped
- 1 cup Parsley roughly chopped
- 5 – 6 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1/4 cup Fresh Sage roughly chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped thinly
- 1 medium White Onion
- 4 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Ground Fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Additional Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Remove any scales left over on fish, rinse and pat dry. Prepared a large baking dish that can hold the fish.
- In a bowl, prepare paste first by mixing garlic powder, salt, pepper, roasted ground fennel and crushed red peppers with half of the lemon juice and half of the olive oil and set aside.
- Open the belly cavity of the fish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle the remaining oil and lemon juice on both sides. Take the herb bunches and stuff them inside the belly cavity of the fish. Rub the herbs paste mixture all over the skin of the salmon and any leftover put inside cavity.
- Bake the fish in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 350 degree F and cook for another 30 – 40 minutes.
- Before removing from the oven, check and make sure the fish is completely cooked by inserting either a skewer for a few minutes and checking to see if it is warm to the touch or by opening the cavity slightly and checking to make sure that the flesh is cooked. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and serve.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.