Last updated on December 3rd, 2022 at 12:57 pm
Herbed Roasted Salmon is a colorful, healthy meal that can be served any night of the week. This easy-to-make recipe is filled with delicious lemon and herb flavors that taste great on top of a bed of rice or quinoa.
Herbed Roasted Salmon: Changing a course for a meal is somewhat of a habit of mine. I enjoy eating a good variety of healthy dishes. What to do with a 5-pound Salmon? Herbed Roasted Salmon is the answer.
An aromatic mixture of fresh herbs can do wonders when cooking or roasting fish. So here is a nice simple recipe that can be prepared quickly as long as the salmon is cleaned and deboned.
A mixture of fresh herbs, such as dill, parsley, thyme, and sage, adds many natural flavors to this fresh fish. A mixture of garlic, salt, pepper, onion, lemon, ground-roasted fennel, and crushed pepper will complete this wonderful dish. The crushed pepper will give the dish a hint of spiciness.
The ingredients for Herbed Roasted Salmon
- Fresh Salmon head cut off if preferred, scaled and gutted
- Fresh Dill roughly chopped
- Parsley roughly chopped
- Fresh Thyme
- Fresh Sage, roughly chopped
- Garlic Cloves chopped thinly
- White Onion, sliced
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Toasted Ground Fennel
- Ground Black Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper
No need to shy away from the size of the fish as it is simple and nourishing.
Enjoy Herbed Roasted Salmon with any side dish you prefer. It is perfect for a festive event and a special family dinner.
- 5 lb Fresh Salmon head cut off if preferred, scaled and gutted
- 1 cup Fresh Dill roughly chopped
- 1 cup Parsley roughly chopped
- 5 – 6 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1/4 cup Fresh Sage roughly chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic crushed or chopped thinly
- 1 medium White Onion
- 4 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Ground Fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Additional Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Remove any scales left over on fish, rinse and pat dry. Prepared a large baking dish that can hold the fish.
- In a bowl, prepare paste first by mixing crushed garlic, salt, pepper, roasted ground fennel and crushed red peppers with half of the lemon juice and half of the olive oil and set aside.
- Open the belly cavity of the fish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle the remaining oil and lemon juice on both sides. Take the herb bunches and stuff them inside the belly cavity of the fish. Rub the herbs paste mixture all over the skin of the salmon and any leftover put inside cavity.
- Bake the fish in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 350 degree F and cook for another 30 – 40 minutes.
- Before removing from the oven, check and make sure the fish is completely cooked by inserting either a skewer for a few minutes and checking to see if it is warm to the touch or by opening the cavity slightly and checking to make sure that the flesh is cooked. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and serve.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.