Homemade turkey lunch meat, cured or uncured, which one do you prefer? I bet you would like to try the latter. We make turkey lunch meat seasoned to perfection with NouBess spices and slowly roasted.
Homemade turkey lunch meat can be costly, depending on the brand that you purchase. However, homemade is just as tasty and better for you.
The combination of spices we use is what makes our turkey lunch meat so delicious. We slowly roast it to perfection, giving you that warm and gooey feeling. You won’t be able to resist eating more than one sandwich when you taste this homemade turkey lunch meat.
It’s easy to make homemade turkey lunchmeat. It’s tastier, healthier, and cheaper than store-bought brands. Try this recipe for a whole or half turkey breast. Roast it with a blend of spices in the oven. If you have a large family, this recipe is perfect for you. Smaller families can use a smaller turkey breast size and adjust the seasoning.
Why buy processed lunch meat?
Processed lunch meat can be costly and, indeed, not a healthy choice. Processed meats “contains sodium nitrite, a preservative used to combat botulism. During cooking, nitrites can react with compounds naturally present in meat to form potentially carcinogenic N-nitroso compounds. (Processed meats also contain sodium erythorbate, an antioxidant that inhibits this conversion and helps minimize the risk.).” (the Globeandmail.com)
Chicken or Turkey meat for your lunch meats
Whatever the choice, whether it’s turkey or chicken, make sure it’s homemade. You’ll be happy to know white meat is the easiest to prepare as lunch meat. Roasting is usually the preferred choice. And make sure you season it with a blend of spices.
If you are looking for healthy lunch meat that can be made at home, then turkey is the way to go. It is much lower in fat than beef and pork and has fewer calories than chicken.
Whether you want to make your turkey lunch meat using whole cuts or ground turkey, you can easily do so. This recipe will show you how to make homemade turkey lunch meat at home without any special equipment or skills needed.
The best part about this recipe is that it can be made with any turkey breast cut. You do not have to buy expensive cuts of meat as long as they are boneless and skinless.
Whatever the choice is, make sure it is homemade. White meat, such as turkey or chicken, is the easiest to prepare as lunch meat. Roasting is usually the preferred choice. A blend of spices is rubbed all over the meat and cooked at low temperatures until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
The ingredients you will need for the recipe
- Whole turkey breast, skin removed, clean, and pat dry. If you choose half of a turkey breast, reduce the seasoning and the cooking time.
- Noubess Poultry Seasoning, is the perfect no-salt seasoning for poultry. The aroma and taste are perfect for anyone looking for an herb blend that is not too overpowering with
- Salt to state; add the amount of salt you prefer.
- Olive oil helps with moisture.
Notes and Tips for the homemade turkey lunch meat
- -Turkey lunch meat is a great alternative to store-bought deli meat. It is easy to make and can be done with any turkey breast cut you have on hand.
- -The best part about this recipe is that it can be made with any turkey breast cut.
- -If you do not have a meat thermometer, cut into the meat with a knife to check if it is cooked properly. You should see no pink or red in the center of the turkey breast.
- -The meat is cooked at low temperatures to add flavor and tenderness.
- The turkey lunch meat can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week or frozen for up to three months.
- When making homemade turkey lunch meat, use a deli slicer, if you have one, to cut the meat into thin slices. This will make it easier to spread on your bread or crackers and make it more visually appealing when served. But again, a sharp knife will do.
- Turkey and chicken, when roasted, tend to shred. To avoid too much shredding, the meat must rest. The second most important tip is to place your meat in the refrigerator overnight to cut the slices thin with a sharp knife.
Turkey lunch meat is very easy to make. You will be satisfied as long as you have a good seasoning blend. I used Noubess Poultry Seasoning Salt-Free and added salt to the mixture. I also used an excellent olive oil brand to keep the turkey moist. A sharp know is ideal for making perfect thin slices.
Homemade lunch meat is necessary for those who want to avoid preservatives and additives. Whether the choice is turkey or chicken, the options are limitless.
Go to www.noubess.com to buy all seasoning for your cooking needs.
- 1 whole turkey breast, skin removed, clean and pat dry
- 2 – 3 tsp Noubess Poultry Seasoning
- Salt to state
- Olive oil
- Remove the skin and clean the turkey breast your preferred way. Make sure turkey is thoroughly patted dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine Noubess Poultry Seasoning with salt. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the turkey breast by making sure that it is well covered.
- Place the turkey in a prepared baking/roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil all over the turkey breast.
- Roast in the oven for 90 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165-170 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven, let cool completely and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, carefully slice off or remove the breast from the bone. Lay the meat flat and use a very sharp serrated knife to cut very thin slices.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.