Sweet, tangy, with a hint of pepper, Hot Pepper Peach Jam Cheesecake, a decadent dessert perfect for entertaining.
I love the taste of hot peppers mixed with sugar. A few months ago I bought a jar of Hot Pepper Peach Jam and fell in love with it. Because I was familiar with that particular brand, I had no hesitation to try it. As I was going through my baking cookbooks, I came upon a cheesecake made with fresh raspberries and raspberry jam. I thought why not make a Hot Pepper Peach Jam Cheesecake. WOW, I thought it would be very exotic.
When I bake any type of cheesecake, I usually do not add flour. It only seems necessary when using Ricotta Cheese is part of the ingredients list. The flour serves as a bonding agent and keeps everything firm.
To make a fruity cheesecake, you must make sure the cheese mixture is tasteful. The best way to make a tasty cheesecake is to make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature. You must also use good ingredients. No cheap stuff there!
How to make the cheesecake
Hot Pepper Peach Jam Cheesecake with Peaches and Peach Hot Pepper Jam Topping. To make this happens, the cheesecake needs a citrus taste to counteract the taste of the peppers. The Hot Pepper Peach Jam has a sweet peppery taste that is excellent in my opinion.
I used canned peaches because fresh peaches are usually not in season. And plus, that would require additional cooking time for the peaches. When making the topping for the cheesecake, I would not suggest adding any other ingredients because the taste of the jam is very distinctive.
The taste of the peaches and the habanero peppers are well balanced as well. The top of the cheesecake is a bit crispy because I felt it needed more support to hold the topping together. You may wish to use your best cheesecake recipe or use my recipe.
I hope you like my new invention, Hot Pepper Peach Jam Cheesecake.
- 32 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup hot pepper peach jam
- 8.5 oz peaches sliced, in light syrup and drained
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas Mark 4. Mix graham crumbs, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, and melted butter until blended; press onto bottom of 23cm (9″) springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time while mixing well on low speed. Add Ricotta cheese, lemon zest, flour and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly until mixture has a smooth and creamy texture. Pour mixture into crust. Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool the cheesecake at room temperature completely. This may take up to 2 to 3 hours depending on the temperature of your home. Run a clean knife around rim of pan to loosen cake from the springform pan. Refrigerate cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the topping, add jam to a saucepan on low heat. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peaches. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Arrange topping on over cheesecake just before serving.
Nutrition info is automatically generated and provided as a courtesy and as an estimate only.