Following the post of 14 items that are a must in my kitchen here is the recipe for Hot Pepper Sauce or Veggies Hot Pepper Sauce. This is almost like Pikliz, the Haitian hot sauce, with the exception that it has cucumber. It is great to spice up meat or vegetables dishes. Make one today to add flavor to your dishes.
Hot Pepper Sauce or Veggies Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 Liter - Mason Jar cleaned and sanitized
- 1 stalk scallion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 scotch bonnet peppers sliced, seeds removed
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup parsley roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion sliced
- 1 cucumber minced
- White vinegar
- Layer all veggies and spices inside the jar. Add salt and cover with vinegar. Let all ingredients marinate at least 48 hours before using.